It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are more than capable of saying fuck off to any club even if it's Barcelona and can teach them a lesson so that they can stop this media circus but our Catalonian contingent remains way too soft of these guys. And no Barca can't take any player they feel.they are not a big draw. They are big circus who just like rags feel they need to be top
We haven't sold anyone to Barcelona, so how are we too soft on them?

He was starting games up front before he got injured on international duty (due to playing with a knock).

If this is true (big if), he's not got the mentality to play for this team.
As I said before to someone else, he'd actually been on the bench for 4 games on the trot before his injury, which coincided with Foden's return.

I don't think it's fair to attack his character, the opportunity to play for Barcelona is too great to be missed for some. It's just how it is sadly.

edit: As I've discovered he was on the bench 4 games out of 5; he played against Wycombe during this spell.

Darwin Nunez is going to be the replacement isn't he....
No bad thing player for player. can play accross the front line 3 and more of a natural striker than Torres. Compared to other 9's Vlahovic/Haaland etc though... a tier below (at least before Pep gets his mits on him anyway)

As I said before to someone else, he'd actually been on the bench for 4 games on the trot before his injury, which coincided with Foden's return.

I don't think it's fair to attack his character, the opportunity to play for Barcelona is too great to be missed for some. It's just how it is sadly.
It was 3 games, not 4, and they were Chelsea away, PSG away and Liverpool away.

I'm not attacking his character. If you have been at City for 18 months, you're beginning to establish yourself (which takes at least a season in Pep's side) and Barcelona are the worst they've been in decades, you shouldn't be swayed so easily. Good luck to him (again, if it's true), but it's taking the easy option. Because he's absolutely good enough to play for us if he sticks at it.

As disappointing as it would be so see him leave, I feel he’s a middle man in this(!) squad. Not good enough to play up top for us and better wingers in front of him. Add to that him asking to leave, makes it an easy sale as long as we get the right amount of money given his quality.

Pep said something recently about Barca being able to take any player they wish, maybe this is who he was referring to.

Add to that, Barca won’t have the cash we need - and that must be known prior to this meeting - maybe we can use it for bargaining power presuming his market value is high for being young, a good finisher and the Spanish team’s diamond recently. Surely a swap deal on the cards. Fuck a loan and obligation.

Honestly not that disappointed, from what I've seen he won't make it in the PL. I'd only be disappointed if we let him go on the cheap.

best we can get imo is a loan with an option to buy for 30m. I think that would be a seriously great deal. for Barca and a really shit one for us.

his status grown a lot since he arrived, he is hyped a lot in Europe, he improved a lot imo too, he is a starter for Spain and can have a future as a winger or a striker too.

would easily cost 40-50m now if we would wanna buy him off of someone like Leicester or more...

tell them to pay a very large fee or fuck off and leave our players alone. or just make a 30m bid for Frenkie de Jong to see whats their first reaction. we should have the same reaction to their shit first bid for Torres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.