Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Zorc on Erling Haaland’s release clause, to Sport1: “I like to stick to facts. The fact is that we have a contract. But it is also a fact, and it's no secret, that he can leave the club under certain conditions.”
Wonder if one of said conditions is early release clause activation if no UCL knockouts.

Yes and they played like that under Solskjaer anyway. It will be hailed as a revolution mind you. Meanwhile Pep will just keep quietly working away on his machine.

Tuchel and Conte are the only people who get near him in terms of getting greater than the sum of their parts imo. Klopp is an excellent manager but has lucked out with being there when Michael Edwards was. Look at Salah's stats this year, he has dragged them to where he is singlehandedly. Look at what happens to them as soon as Van Dijk gets injured.

It wasn’t just Van Dijk though was it? Gomez and Matip going down long term weeks after him meant they played more than half a season with either emergency solutions, or their two most important midfielders regularly featuring in defence. The system collapsed as a result

Insinuating Klopp ‘lucked out’ in having a decent sporting director who can spot decent potential at a good price, but Pep and Tuchel and getting greater than the sum of their parts is one of the weirdest interpretations of reality I’ve ever seen. Pep inherited a collection of the best players to have played in this league all in one squad, at a club who’d already established a winning culture and then had the capacity to spend another £1b+ to pad it out with even more quality to make sure injuries or fatigue are never really a factor.

If Klopp had taken our job when he was offered it in 2015, I reckon we’d already have more European Cups than United, and 5 titles on the bounce.

Regarding Haaland, IMO he’ll end up at either Bayern or United on the understanding that he’ll be allowed to go to Madrid within 3 years.

It wasn’t just Van Dijk though was it? Gomez and Matip going down long term weeks after him meant they played more than half a season with either emergency solutions, or their two most important midfielders regularly featuring in defence. The system collapsed as a result

Insinuating Klopp ‘lucked out’ in having a decent sporting director who can spot decent potential at a good price, but Pep and Tuchel and getting greater than the sum of their parts is one of the weirdest interpretations of reality I’ve ever seen. Pep inherited a collection of the best players to have played in this league all in one squad, at a club who’d already established a winning culture and then had the capacity to spend another £1b+ to pad it out with even more quality to make sure injuries or fatigue are never really a factor.

If Klopp had taken our job when he was offered it in 2015, I reckon we’d already have more European Cups than United, and 5 titles on the bounce.

Regarding Haaland, IMO he’ll end up at either Bayern or United on the understanding that he’ll be allowed to go to Madrid within 3 years.

Actually if you read my post I'm saying that Klopp is absolutely class but one step below Conte, Pep and Tuchel. You can still get luck on top of being class.

Van Dijk hasn't just been injured one time, I'm not only referencing his long term knee injury.

But by all means enjoy the view from up there on your high horse.

As for interpretations of reality ... you think we'd have won 4 European Cups in 6 years? Gtfo.

Joined date 2021 I see, please go back to Rag Cafe.

Pep has spent a billion, you say?

Actually inherited a squad that was ageing and scraped fourth spot for pre-Champions League qualification on the final day at Swansea.

He also inherited four full backs that were the wrong side of thirty and contracts ending.

Nice revisionism, though!

Klopp inherited a team that had finished runners up to City in 2014 and spent £500m in seven years.

Ah, but the Coutinho money, you say...

Liverpool FC, the plucky underdogs, responsible for breaking the British transfer record more than any club in history.

And I include Stan Collymore and Andy Fucking Carroll in that!!

Actually if you read my post I'm saying that Klopp is absolutely class but one step below Conte, Pep and Tuchel. You can still get luck on top of being class.

Van Dijk hasn't just been injured one time, I'm not only referencing his long term knee injury.

But by all means enjoy the view from up there on your high horse.

As for interpretations of reality ... you think we'd have won 4 European Cups in 6 years? Gtfo.

Joined date 2021 I see, please go back to Rag Cafe.

Klopp got to two Champions League finals with a Liverpool squad that had Karius, Lovren, Origi, and Shaqiri featuring, plus one with a flawed Dortmund side - 4 in 6 years with the depth of quality we have had in that period is a very real possibility.

You have to separate coach from the club; Liverpool are a horrible club, but the Klopp style and project from a sporting standpoint deserves respect; as soon as he goes, they’re back to fighting for top 4. When Pep leaves here, we win just as much if not more, IMO.

Klopp could have taken the easier jobs that Pep has - Bayern, here, plus PSG, Real, Barcelona and the perpetually open chequebook at Old Trafford and collected the default trophies that those clubs do, which would have led to him being unanimously regarded as the best coach of the past 10 years.

Go back to Rag Cafe because I don’t think Haaland will come here? Raiola won’t allow him to come to a club where he’d be locked in - our top players are almost obliged to do a decade, while PSG seem to take any bids for theirs as a declaration of war on Qatar, so he won’t be joining either.

Do you think we’d allow him to sign for anything less than 5/6 years or with a buyout clause? I’d don’t think Real would either, so his next club will be a stepping stone to Spain - Mino will want at least two substantial payments out of him. Bayern might agree to strengthen their monopoly in Germany for a few more seasons and then replace him whoever Dortmund discover in the meantime, while United would gladly take him for the short term #hashtagability for the duration of Rangnick’s tenure, then shift him on for £100m+.

Ronaldo is Haaland’s idol, so being able to play with him will probably appeal to him despite the fact he’s allegedly a Leeds fan who also has a soft spot for City, and ultimately his dad is aboard the Raiola gravy train, so will push for whatever will earn the family the most. He was close to joining them from Salzburg, and many perceived the fact he’d worked with Solskjaer as what almost facilitated it; I think it’s more likely that knowing what a shite manager he is pushed him towards Dortmund instead. Now that obstacle us clear, I think it’ll happen.

Go back to Rag Cafe because I don’t think Haaland will come here? Raiola won’t allow him to come to a club where he’d be locked in - our top players are almost obliged to do a decade, while PSG seem to take any bids for theirs as a declaration of war on Qatar, so he won’t be joining either.
Not sure i agree on this, we've held no one against there will or contract once they wanna leave.

Pep has spent a billion, you say?

Actually inherited a squad that was ageing and scraped fourth spot for pre-Champions League qualification on the final day at Swansea.

He also inherited four full backs that were the wrong side of thirty and contracts ending.

Nice revisionism, though!

Klopp inherited a team that had finished runners up to City in 2014 and spent £500m in seven years.

Ah, but the Coutinho money, you say...

Liverpool FC, the plucky underdogs, responsible for breaking the British transfer record more than any club in history.

And I include Stan Collymore and Andy Fucking Carroll in that!!

Pellegrini’s last season was sabotaged by the pending arrival of Pep; it was performing way below its natural level, even factoring in the advancing age of certain players. There was still an unprecedented depth of elite quality here - probably 5 of the top 20 players the league has seen all in the same team at once. It needed reinforcements, but Guardiola bought players for the bench that would be key players in most first 11’s in the league. He should have won what he has here, and probably more.

That 2014 Liverpool team was carried to a title challenge by the attacking trident of Suarez, Sturridge and Sterlingby the time Klopp got there, Suarez and Sterling had forced moves, and Sturridge was crocked.

Klopp also inherited terrible fullbacks in Clyne and Moreno; Pep addressed it by spending about £200m on them to find solutions, while Klopp converted an academy midfielder and brought in an £8m signing from a relegated club, and made them the most effective pair in Europe and catalysts of their overachievement.

Do you not think Klopp could have matched or even eclipsed what Pep has done here? I’d say fewer Carabao cups, but compensated for by European success.

It seems your default (and shared) dislike for Liverpool as a club is obscuring your subjective view of what Klopp’s achieved there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.