31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has got to be raging, 3 games in a row he's lost his 100th clean sheet for things out of his power. A world ie from lanzini with the last kick, a well worked corner he could do nothing about going in off the post and now that flukey deflection back into his path. Otherwise superb once again with his commanding of the box.

If Laporte had paid more attention to blocking the shot, rather than to making sure he kept his arms in, they wouldn’t have scored. No wonder Eddie was annoyed.

Echo the sentiment that Eddie must be fuming that he was denied a clean sheet.

I alone of those who wishes Eddie would make a few more world saves but we saw today a great example of how well he does the bread and butter stuff, which he can top off with ball playing ability of the highest quality.

If Laporte had paid more attention to blocking the shot, rather than to making sure he kept his arms in, they wouldn’t have scored. No wonder Eddie was annoyed.
Just utterly crap defending from Laporte that. He should be throwing himself at that not being worried about giving a pen away.

I feel like he's been quite unlucky this past week. 3 games where he's really flourished on the basics only to concede due to some extremely precise finishing.

Last two matches his goalkeeper skills matched his football skills. Totally in command. It went under the radar today but he wasn't redundant.

Probably he won't get much mention, but I thought he was fantastic today.

Apart from the goal, nearly every shot that came in stuck to his palms, didn't even hit them out for corners. Looked rightly frustrated he couldn't keep a clean sheet.
Agreed

Just utterly crap defending from Laporte that. He should be throwing himself at that not being worried about giving a pen away.
I think he should have been a bit tighter but definitely not throwing himself at it, the angle was tight, it's a complete fluke, if that's an inch either side, Ederson saves it or it bangs off the outside of the post and goes wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.