F1 Season 2021

imagine for one second, instead of verstappen getting passed hamilton so easily he struggled to get passed and mad a last desperate lunge on the last corner,taking both drivers out and killing the pair of them, how would "drive to survive" look then.

im no bif f1 fan,but anyone justifying that outcome yesterday is wumming because they don't like hamilton , why they don't like hamilton is a strange one, he comes across as a decent bloke to me.
How he kept his composure and graciousness at the end with Max and that grinning **** horner was beyond me. People who slate Hamilton throw all the usual cliches around but you only have to watch that yesterday to realise what a fantastic sportsman he is and an incredibly well balanced person. If ever he deserved SPOTY, that yesterday sealed it for me.

There were 3 others. They wouldn't have all got past the safety car before the end of the lap so it would have had to stay out for the final lap and Hamilton would have won.
And there it is in a nutshell.

Basically the Masi had 1 possibility to give MV the race and he took it.

I’m sure it was covered extensively at the time it happened, and I’m not attempting to derive false equivalency with the fucked up result, which is a farce, but what are the thoughts on the early race manoeuvre where Verstappen passed Hamilton fairly, stayed on the track, and Hamilton went way off track and just cut the corner and ended up quite a bit ahead. As outraged as I was at what happened at the end, I thought Hamilton got off very light there.

I’m sure it was covered extensively at the time it happened, and I’m not attempting to derive false equivalency with the fucked up result, which is a farce, but what are the thoughts on the early race manoeuvre where Verstappen passed Hamilton fairly, stayed on the track, and Hamilton went way off track and just cut the corner and ended up quite a bit ahead. As outraged as I was at what happened at the end, I thought Hamilton got off very light there.
I thought as with so many occasions recently, Verstappen just refused to break leaving Hamilton with absolutely no other choice than to go off track or crash into him. That outcome suited Verstappen perfectly so had no issues driving dangerously and taking both drivers out.

There were 3 others. They wouldn't have all got past the safety car before the end of the lap so it would have had to stay out for the final lap and Hamilton would have won.

Surely they must have had time though? The 4 they did let past were clear in no time at all. The others can't have taken more than another corner or two to overtake. Think how slowly Lewis was going in the last half of his lap.

i think the variable I was trying to ask was, and extremely hypothetical of course; If Mercedes had taken the first pit stop opportunity, the scenario would have been reversed, so do people think Masi would have still released the lapped cars for a single lap race? I think he would.
I get you, mate. Listened to Sky this morning who seemed to pin the decision of Hamilton not pitting being the reason he lost. The reality is that he didn’t need to as he had such a commanding lead and the only way you could change that was by doing exactly what they did.

The truth is, the FIA did what they did for entertainment purposes, not sport. To add to the drama, and to garner future fans, they broke their own code of conduct. The RC was probably under pressure from numerous sources, including the television rights holder, but would that situation have happened if it was the other way around. Personally, I doubt it because it has been obvious that they need a change of champion and in that situation they already had the required outcome.

I thought as with so many occasions recently, Verstappen just refused to break leaving Hamilton with absolutely no other choice than to go off track or crash into him. That outcome suited Verstappen perfectly so had no issues driving dangerously and taking both drivers out.
Looked to me like Verstappen got the inside line, saw the gap and got the advantage. If Hamilton has nowhere to go as a result of Verstappen taking the lead, then I’d have thought that was good driving on Verstappens part? If Hamilton has nowhere to go…then I’d have thought he’d have needed to get back on track and take his lumps…not just ignore the track and end up 100 yards ahead?

The move on the 1st lap? Hamilton had 2 choices... evade as he did keeping himself in the race or smash right in to Max's car

I think people have become somewhat desensitized to Maxs overtaking manoeuvres, the director alluded to it in his comments to RB but it was just a case of forcing Lewis off. Just look at the angle of his car going into the corner he just wanted to plant the car in front of the merc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.