Let's talk about corners

in the past couple of games city have been working on corners routines and i did see us do the england players line up
with stones and dias and rodri. the Aki goal vs everton was defo a worked corner as well. but we still hitting the first man far to much and its crazy and does my head in ? i would rather see it go long than hit the first man

We're slowly getting better than Barton's bludgeoning of the first defender's shins

in the past couple of games city have been working on corners routines and i did see us do the england players line up
with stones and dias and rodri. the Aki goal vs everton was defo a worked corner as well. but we still hitting the first man far to much and its crazy and does my head in ? i would rather see it go long than hit the first man

Apparently 40% of all corners in PL don’t beat the first man which is a pretty crazy stat.

It's because the best corners are usually ones hit at pace just above the head of the first defender.

Seems logical enough. But when only 1.5% of corners are directly converted makes you wonder if it really is the best.

When I were a lad I recall a more goals from corners (conceded mostly), white dog shit, and longer summers.

Apparently 40% of all corners in PL don’t beat the first man which is a pretty crazy stat.

crazy stats for so called world class players
its got loads better this season for city players but we do still more quick short corners than most

i can understand the lower teams in the premier league working hard on corners because its a way of scoring vs the better teams. so teams like city will not work as hard on corners knowing its not our strongest weapon

crazy stats for so called world class players
its got loads better this season for city players but we do still more quick short corners than most

i can understand the lower teams in the premier league working hard on corners because its a way of scoring vs the better teams. so teams like city will not work as hard on corners knowing its not our strongest weapon

Agreed. But as we comfortably top the corners “for” chart - it’s an ideal weapon for us particularly against stubborn teams who want pretty much everyone behind the ball in open play. For the quality ball players we have we should carry more of a threat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.