Let's talk about corners

I don't understand why we persist with all this wrestling stuff. We face a huge well drilled back line all the time and it seems pointless.

Even if by some fluke we score, chances are it gets ruled out (Dippers).

Much prefer playing it short, pulling the defense out then trying to exploit the space.

What fucks me off even more than how poor our corners are is when a referee sees a foul, stops the play and tells the defender off... Play on, grow a pair, give the penalty

What fucks me off even more than how poor our corners are is when a referee sees a foul, stops the play and tells the defender off... Play on, grow a pair, give the penalty

That nearly always happens before the corner has been taken so he can’t give a foul if the ball’s not in play.

It’s why the ‘clever’ defenders will do all the wrestling before the kick and let go just as it’s being kicked.

We obviously thought their keeper was a bit dodgy, every one was fired in under his nose. He turned out to be their MOTM and dealt with everything very well.

Don't get too worked up about corners.
According to OPTA about 3% of corners result in a goal.

Or look at it another way. Harry Maguire is pretty useful at scoring from corners. Maybe we should buy him??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.