Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rammy Blue how you doing today fella?

I have moved away from sore throat cough cold to knackered. That might be cos i am self isolating in bedroom so you do tend to nod off.
Right as rain, just done a lateral flow and unfortunately still showing as positive, but confident that shouldn’t take long to switch now. Definitely feel like the virus has gone.

4th day on the bounce with cases around the same level.
The Omicron report later will give us a better idea of what is going on. Is Omicron replacing Delta etc.
Yes, week to week the rises have been flat too. England is up today though as yesterday had a double day from Wales as always on Monday adding around 3000. So cases up today in England.

From 76,065 yesterday to 80,916 today.

What a bellend!
Of the 2 920 deaths in the over-50s in weeks 46-49, 2 201 of those had been double vaccinated (75%). Hospitalisations are in roughly the same ratio. While the unvaccinated are no doubt causing unnecessary problems, there would still be a huge burden on the nhs.
Source

Be more specific please?

Actual age at time of death?

Died of or with Covid?

Other co morbidities?

That's not what's happening though. Majority of people in the country have had two vaccines, many a third and that number is increasing by a huge number every day. We have LFT's at disposal, we have vaccine passports, we have masks, we are doing a lot - not nothing.

If the NHS is in such a state, its up to respective governments to sort it out without punishing people who are doing everything asked of them. If they can't do that then they are not fit for purpose. Otherwise, this could be a winter occurance every single year.
Post of the day.

Anyway, I'm off to Bill Bailey tomorrow, then City boxing day and a couple of other high risk activities in too including a sports event tonight, where I'm off now.

Was very sensible last fortnight as we had my mum's 80th at the weekend and didn't want to kill her.

I don't object if these events are stopped by government to protect society as a whole but I'm buggered if I see why sensible people should stay at home whilst the reckless get their fun, which is the implication of current policy.

So (triple jabbed) should be a fun week if I survive it without infection.

172 all settings deaths - was 150 last week

90,629 cases - was 59,610 last week. Rise has been stable around 31,000 for some days now.
Unfortunately the cases figure is complete hogwash at the moment, loads with a cold just won’t be doing a lateral flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.