#6 | Nathan Aké - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superb against Brentford , excellent at set pieces and probably why Pep picked him for the game , we probably paid too much for him but Slabhead was £80m , so a bargain in comparison.
Whilst all that true, maybe not a good idea to judge our business in the transfer market to Trafford trophyless foundation’s ;-)

Done well tonight I thought. Positioning still not amazing but didn't pussy out of tackles and made a couple of key interceptions/blocks. Put a shift in and for that, fair play Nathan. Credit where its due.

Clearly our best defender v Brentford where he provided the required physicality and reading of the game especially secret pieces, and he's come in and been decent when called upon this season. We need players like him in our squad to be successful.
I think the question is if he's okay being potentially 4th choice? My gut says no and he'll ask for a transfer in the summer. I remember in his introduction interview he said he doesn't drink alcohol so he has no regrets at the end of his career or something along those lines. I'm sure he want's to be playing much more than he is.

I am beginning to like Ake a lot. I like that he is quiet and just gets on with it. I suspect he is very popular with his team mates. You need people like him in a group to do well.
Pretty sure one of the city mouthpieces mentioned that he had become seriously popular when he joined. He even got a couple shouts for one of the captain spots IIRC.

Clearly our best defender v Brentford where he provided the required physicality and reading of the game especially secret pieces, and he's come in and been decent when called upon this season. We need players like him in our squad to be successful.
Totally agree "where he provided the required physicality and reading of the game especially secret pieces". The Brentford game plan centred around set pieces as much as breakaways. Ake attacks the ball forwad or defending and refused to be bullied.They are a big physical side and Zinch may have struggled.

He has imroved going forward as has his range of passing. Deserves all the credit for his play yesterday.

I think the question is if he's okay being potentially 4th choice? My gut says no and he'll ask for a transfer in the summer. I remember in his introduction interview he said he doesn't drink alcohol so he has no regrets at the end of his career or something along those lines. I'm sure he want's to be playing much more than he is.

Yeah it’s not sustainable for him to continue to be benched as he approaches his prime; the fact he’s on our bench sums up why we should and most likely will win the league - he’d start for probably the 18 other teams in the league, yet he’s the 4th choice here.

Perhaps more games at leftback or even ahead of Fernandinho as Rodri’s cover could convince him to do so another season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.