#6 | Nathan Aké - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him not playing much is also help his unexpected header goal, because many team will have a lack preparation against someone like him that didn't play much in our team.

If i were Pep, i will only play him in very specific circumstances and the right moment to unleashes him in set piece and creating a goal through header.

He's been great at attacking the ball from set pieces for years. He's actually got really good instincts in the box in general and we usually aim for him when he's on the pitch.

Says a lot when there's usually two or three other teammates around him who are a few inches taller.
Big Fan of this about him, always seems to be in the mix for headers

He's been great at attacking the ball from set pieces for years. He's actually got really good instincts in the box in general and we usually aim for him when he's on the pitch.

Says a lot when there's usually two or three other teammates around him who are a few inches taller.
He’s an enigma as he’s great at attacking corners, but poor in defensive aerial duels.

He’s an enigma as he’s great at attacking corners, but poor in defensive aerial duels.
Possibly because of the slightly different skills the 2 may emphasize. One highlights your athletism, quickness and springing ability. All strengths for Nathan. The other highlights your size, strength and height.

Attackers are trying to get free and take a running jump to a spot. Defenders are trying to restrict movement, put bodies on the opponent, and try to out jump them from a standing spot.

Him not playing much is also help his unexpected header goal, because many team will have a lack preparation against someone like him that didn't play much in our team.

If i were Pep, i will only play him in very specific circumstances and the right moment to unleashes him in set piece and creating a goal through header.
I thought he did well when he came on against Leeds.

Possibly because of the slightly different skills the 2 may emphasize. One highlights your athletism, quickness and springing ability. All strengths for Nathan. The other highlights your size, strength and height.

Attackers are trying to get free and take a running jump to a spot. Defenders are trying to restrict movement, put bodies on the opponent, and try to out jump them from a standing spot.
why not use his attacking technique whilst defending then?

why not use his attacking technique whilst defending then?
Well as a defender on set pieces (corners and free kicks into the box) you have to defend a zone and try to put your body on an attacker. When you do that you don't have the freedom to run and jump. You are mostly body jousting and trying to win a header from a standing jump position.

This is generally disadvantageous to skinnier shorter defenders. Even the athletic ones.

If you've noticed, he is very good at winning punts and goalkicks too.And those are defensive Wins. However, they are defensive wins that don't require him to restrict the player he is defending. He can just run and jump for an ariel duel and he is superior at that.

It's when he has to defend a zone and try to restrict the movement of an attacker ( actions that degrade your ability to run snd jump) that he struggles. Coz he has a natural height disadvantage.

Normally he overcomes that height disadvantage with athletism in open spaces. But in closed spaces, it's tougher.

Last edited:
Well as a defender on set pieces (corners and free kicks into the box) you have to defend a zone and try to put your body on an attacker. When you do that you don't have the freedom to run and jump. You are mostly body jousting and trying to win a header from a standing position.

This is generally disadvantageous to skinnier shorter defenders. Even the athletic ones.

If you've noticed, he is very good at winning punts and goalkicks too.And those are defensive Wins. However, they are defensive wins that don't require him to restrict the player he is defending. He can just run and jump for an ariel duel and he is superior at that.

It's when he has to defend a zone and try to restrict the movement of an attacker ( actions that degrade your ability to run snd jump) that he struggles. Coz he has a natural height disadvantage.

Normally he overcomes that height disadvantage with athletism in open spaces. But in closed spaces, it's tougher.
I meant when dealing with a long ball from the other team. He’s not good at winning those aerial duels.

I meant when dealing with a long ball from the other team. He’s not good at winning those aerial duels.
Oh no, he is very good on long balls. Almost violently so. It's my favorite aspect of his game. He attacks long balls with an unusual ferocity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.