Arsenal (A) - Post-Match Thread

Howdy from Greece, a ManCity fan since 2006(16 years old then) and continuous follower of bluemoon. Decided to get an account just for yesterday's commentary!

My observations for yesterday's game is first of all:
I was astonished(well not that much since i got used to it) by the biased commentary on BT. It was like playing an English side against a foreign one. In the old days I was praising English football commentators compared to ours here, for knowing football and being fair, but now City is demolishing competition this has drastically changed.
City's owners have to do something for this as it has become too annoying these days.

As for the match, City did not reach its usual very very high standards and was in fact too far away from them, but overall it did not play that bad as people say. :)
Let's not forget City has played in 5.5 days 3 matches while Arsenal had whole week to rest. Apart from that we definitely show in the last 3 games some signs of fatigue and this has to be expected. These 2 weeks now will hopefully correct that.

As for the officiating of yesterday's game, let me be the 8500th one here to point the obvious, that the penalty on Silva was valid for 2 offenses also so VAR was correct, the penalty they ask was hard to decide but after all the replays one can see that Ederson went from the ball with a normal tackle and he got the ball first so VAR was correct, Rodri slipped and got only the ball in that corner, the 2 yellows on Gabriel were utter obvious.

I can understand the whining of some fans saying VAR gave every decision to City but it was correct to do so!! So what's the point? If one has to complain i would say it's City as after the red card, referee played for some 5-10 minutes, 80-20 in favor of Arsenal in some fouls and small decisions.

We are in the era where Salah dives after a short pull/touch of his shirt by Dias and they say "pull, so a definite penalty" and now after Xhak@ tripped AND pulled with x3 the power and duration of Dias the shirt of Silva, they spend 1 million hours analyzing why it might not be a penalty.
This is the City era! :)
Welcome buddy, hope you are all keeping safe, welll and enjoying watching City over there in one of my favourite countries.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but for the goal line clearance I thought Ederson messed up by not making an effort to get back. He ball watched Ake clear it off the line then was way out of position for the follow up from Martinelli.

Great performance by City though and huge shout out to Pep who saw and said the better team didn't get the result.

Ederson tried to get the ball, and he did. Odegaard did not manage to reach the ball first and he accidentally stepped over Ederson's leg with some ferocity. It might be even a foul from Odegaard if we want to stretch it a bit, but point is that there was no penalty at all.

How do I get a copy of this to send to my Liverpool friend who thinks it as a penalty.

Howdy from Greece, a ManCity fan since 2006(16 years old then) and continuous follower of bluemoon. Decided to get an account just for yesterday's commentary!

My observations for yesterday's game is first of all:
I was astonished(well not that much since i got used to it) by the biased commentary on BT. It was like playing an English side against a foreign one. In the old days I was praising English football commentators compared to ours here, for knowing football and being fair, but now City is demolishing competition this has drastically changed.
City's owners have to do something for this as it has become too annoying these days.

As for the match, City did not reach its usual very very high standards and was in fact too far away from them, but overall it did not play that bad as people say. :)
Let's not forget City has played in 5.5 days 3 matches while Arsenal had whole week to rest. Apart from that we definitely show in the last 3 games some signs of fatigue and this has to be expected. These 2 weeks now will hopefully correct that.

As for the officiating of yesterday's game, let me be the 8500th one here to point the obvious, that the penalty on Silva was valid for 2 offenses also so VAR was correct, the penalty they ask was hard to decide but after all the replays one can see that Ederson went from the ball with a normal tackle and he got the ball first so VAR was correct, Rodri slipped and got only the ball in that corner, the 2 yellows on Gabriel were utter obvious.

I can understand the whining of some fans saying VAR gave every decision to City but it was correct to do so!! So what's the point? If one has to complain i would say it's City as after the red card, referee played for some 5-10 minutes, 80-20 in favor of Arsenal in some fouls and small decisions.

We are in the era where Salah dives after a short pull/touch of his shirt by Dias and they say "pull, so a definite penalty" and now after Xhak@ tripped AND pulled with x3 the power and duration of Dias the shirt of Silva, they spend 1 million hours analyzing why it might not be a penalty.
This is the City era! :)

Welcome to the mad house blue.

Was I the only one who’d written the 3 points off at half time? I wasn’t even that devastated at the prospect of losing this game because of the tidy buffer we’ve built up and the number of games we’d played over a short period of time was bound to catch up with the players, they are only human. The fact that we emerged with all 3 points was fucking immense and a testament to the togetherness and will to win of the squad of players we’ve assembled, coached and led superbly by the manager. Saw many games like this when United were dominating, the sign of true champions it was called then, so suck it up you bitter fuckers at rival clubs and in the media. Don’t want to tempt fate, but can’t see us slipping up from here and it could become a procession if Liverpool or Chelsea don’t get their acts together quickly.

Nobody seems to have crticised Rodri for removing his shirt and blatantly provoking the Arsenal fans. That booking may result in a suspension towards the end of the season when we need him most. I hope that Pep fines him. Otherwise, no complaints other than for the paucity of substitutions.
Nobody has for a reason

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.