Covid and travel discussion

After reading the horror stories about long waits for renewing passports,I decided to renew early. It took 7 days including New Year.

After reading the horror stories about long waits for renewing passports,I decided to renew early. It took 7 days including New Year.

I'm in a bit of a conundrum for mine.
It expires July 2023 but Brexit (the gift that keeps on giving....) means its redundant by end of January 2023.

Got trips away in March and at the end of April into the early May bank holiday, which as above my current passport is fine for.
I was then going to renew it in May, with plenty of time before my next holiday which is end of August (and by when I definitely need a new passport in hand)

I've since managed to shoehorn in a little break to Kotor in Montenegro, towards the end of June.

So I'm unsure if to renew it now and early, which should ensure it's back with me by 19th March, but then I'm not getting the max value out of my current one.
Or, do I renew it early May and hope it returns by 26th June.....just under an 8 week window.
Or renew it end of June after Montenegro and hope it returns by end of August....also about an 8 week window but in the middle of summer.

Either way it will probably be fine, but I am conscious that renewals can sometimes take a lot longer in the build up and during summer, and there could be a hell of a lot more renewals this year given a lot of people haven't travelled for 2 years and so haven't needed to act on expired or expiring documents.

Might do some digging on the fast track options and take a punt on the 8 week window in summer.

It expires July 2023 but Brexit (the gift that keeps on giving....) means its redundant by end of January 2023.

Got trips away in March and at the end of April into the early May bank holiday, which as above my current passport is fine for.
I was then going to renew it in May, with plenty of time before my next holiday which is end of August (and by when I definitely need a new passport in hand)

I've since managed to shoehorn in a little break to Kotor in Montenegro, towards the end of June.

So I'm unsure if to renew it now and early, which should ensure it's back with me by 19th March, but then I'm not getting the max value out of my current one.
Or, do I renew it early May and hope it returns by 26th June.....just under an 8 week window.
Or renew it end of June after Montenegro and hope it returns by end of August....also about an 8 week window but in the middle of summer.

Either way it will probably be fine, but I am conscious that renewals can sometimes take a lot longer in the build up and during summer, and there could be a hell of a lot more renewals this year given a lot of people haven't travelled for 2 years and so haven't needed to act on expired or expiring documents.

Might do some digging on the fast track options and take a punt on the 8 week window in summer.
It’s always been 6 months before expiry date.

It’s always been 6 months before expiry date.

We're subject to 3rd country rules for travel to Europe, now we are out of the EU.
So anyone with a 10.5 year passport like me loses additional validity.

I had a similar conundrum, it was pissing me of I was losing 2 months of validity by renewing 'early' - until I realised those two months were worth about £1.26. Probably worth foregoing £1.26 for the peace of mind!

I had a similar conundrum, it was pissing me of I was losing 2 months of validity by renewing 'early' - until I realised those two months were worth about £1.26. Probably worth foregoing £1.26 for the peace of mind!

Haha when you put it like that....

I've had pretty good value out of this current passport too.
Probably wise to renew it now, in the calm before the storm of Spring and Summer.

I lost 9 months on mine , but was it really 9 months.? I'm good to go now ,just need to find a country to let me in.

Apparently it's sunshine Saturday today..holiday bookings up 180%..cmon blues where you off on ya jollys

Booked Lanzarote last night after the cup game for June, went to the same hotel in November, AI adults only, came in at £1.3k or so Inc insurance & airport parking for us both.

Looking forward to hopefully having less hassle fucking about with tests and warmer in the evenings too.

Would have preferred to go to our 'normal' hotel in Rhodes but factoring in food/drink etc with it being room only sadly took it to over £2k.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.