Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the commentary was a mixed bag. they gave us credit at times but it doesn’t take long for McCoist to return to type. He was far more interested in criticism of the Swindon goalie than he was in the marvellous free kick from Gundogan.
Thought he was fair

brilliant free kick from gundo but the keeper has had a nightmare being beaten on that side

Have read the previous posts about whether last nights coverage was fair or not and there is some disagreement.

For me though, I thought it was very good considering what we are used to, and the whole package must have looked good to neutrals hoping for entertainment without the usual football "politics" that normally accompany our games.

We put a good team out even with/because of the covid situation, and Im sure that the Swindon players/management were pleased with that, and the financial aspect.

it was a good entertaining game,

there were plenty of goals,

Swindon played a big part in the game and emerged with credit despite the scoreline,

people rooting for the underdogs had something to cheer with us conceding and missing the pen,

and without wanting to sound condescending, I am sure loads of their fans were happy to see KDB and the like strutting their stuff at their ground.

Overall the programme must have been a success, and the likes of bt/sky, and even the bbc must feel a bit foolish that another tv station can easily show them how its done, without trying to sway the viewers to their biased way of thinking.

Well done ITV, last nights programme could well emerge as the best of this weekends tv fixtures.
Good post.
I’m not particularly bothered about what the coverage is like on Sky or BT as people have the choice of whether to pay for those platforms or not, but it’s a sorry state when ITV piss all over the BBC as they currently do. When the European Championship final was on both channels I watched it on ITV without a moments hesitation, in the not too distant past I would have always chosen the BBC but they’re coverage of football these days is crap.
I enjoyed watching football on Amazon recently as well, they made a refreshing change.

Good post.
I’m not particularly bothered about what the coverage is like on Sky or BT as people have the choice of whether to pay for those platforms or not, but it’s a sorry state when ITV piss all over the BBC as they currently do. When the European Championship final was on both channels I watched it on ITV without a moments hesitation, in the not too distant past I would have always chosen the BBC but they’re coverage of football these days is crap.
I enjoyed watching football on Amazon recently as well, they made a refreshing change.
It's the same people and production companies just branded with a different name. Same difference.

Here follows a damning indictment of the talent for writing employed by the British newspaper industry:

"This swirl of contrasting opinions would not matter if United were sailing serenely along, giving Manchester City the run for their petrodollar Liverpool and Chelsea are currently unable to do and challenging for a 21st championship."

Jackson, J, 2022, The Guardian.

I see the bastion of racist slurs the Daily Express have started referring to Newcastle as Moneybags! Clearly this monicker only applies to Middle Eastern money and doesn’t apply to US or Russian wealth.

You do have to have a little sympathy for Liverpool for the coverage they get. Well based on this post from RAWK :)
His broader point about the media is fine but FFS.
1641724524578.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.