Dusan Vlahovic | Signed for Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think they’re far more likely to go for Scamacca, and Vlahovic‘s reputation amongst Florentines would plummet if he joined Juventus: ‘Traditore!’
It would be just another “traitor” player to their list... lol

I don’t know why people struggle with the notion that last summer Pep may have settled for Kane after it was clear early on that Dortmund would be inflexible on their fee demands. Chelsea also quickly turned to Lukaku.
Kane had an extraordinary double digit stat of assists last season. However, in the seasons before his assist numbers were all single digit and nothing impressive. Haaland had six league assists last season which besides last season, Kane only bested in 2016/17 when he had seven, one more.
This season so far Kane has had one league assist and Haaland has had five, even though the “English captain” has played five more league games than the Norwegian.
I agree that any player comes with risks, but the more proven at a higher level a player is, the less risks he will offer
Pep clearly wanted Kane, I don't think I can convince of you this (nor care too as I am lazy, I thought it was obvious), and you definitely won't convince me by simply stating goals and assists of the players.

I agree with your last sentence 100%.

Pep clearly wanted Kane, I don't think I can convince of you this (nor care too as I am lazy, I thought it was obvious), and you definitely won't convince me by simply stating goals and assists of the players.

I agree with your last sentence 100%.
But I don’t disagree that he wanted Kane. He did and he talked about it (later on the transfer window). What I don’t agree is that he only or primarily wanted Kane. It’s the metaphor Sam Lee gave about on his podcast: You wanted to go on vacation to Barcelona (Haaland), but because of restrictions you couldn’t and Cyprus (Kane) emerged as a possible destination, and you convinced yourself that it would also be a great place to go, but for some reason you also couldn’t go, and at the end of the summer you remember that the place you really wanted was Barcelona. That’s the situation. And it should be reminded that it was Lukaku the previous summer (think of his features)

But I don’t disagree that he wanted Kane. He did and he talked about it (later on the transfer window). What I don’t agree is that he only or primarily wanted Kane. It’s the metaphor Sam Lee gave about on his podcast: You wanted to go on vacation to Barcelona (Haaland), but because of restrictions you couldn’t and Cyprus (Kane) emerged as a possible destination, and you convinced yourself that it would also be a great place to go, but for some reason you also couldn’t go, and at the end of the summer you remember that the place you really wanted was Barcelona. That’s the situation. And it should be reminded that it was Lukaku the previous summer (think of his features)
yes he did specifically wanted Kane. There were articles saying the board were not as keen on Kane as pep and that pep was in love in wanting the striker and see him as the perfect fit in his system.

yes he did specifically wanted Kane. There were articles saying the board were not as keen on Kane as pep and that pep was in love in wanting the striker and see him as the perfect fit in his system.
Again, I am not saying he didn’t want Kane. It was reported that he had a list. It’s very possible Kane was on the top 2 or 3 of that list, which means he clearly wanted him, even if not as the first choice. But it was never Kane or bust. There were also several reports that we looked into Haaland months in advance. And it was clear early on that Dortmund weren’t going to make the fee negotiable, so he moved to Kane. If we hadn’t approached and heard a no from Lukaku the summer before, who’s to say we wouldn’t have looked into him again last summer?

City very rarely go back in for players when moves have "collapsed". City could see Vlahovic as a younger Kane alternative that is available during this Jan window (as he has a similar style of play). Especially for around 60m. I can also expect one more forward that will leave us in the summer - possibly either Mahrez or Sterling (if he doesn't renew his contract). Which can open the door for a Haaland summer move for his 65m release clause...
*fingers crossed* and we would have TWO world class strikers both aged 21

City very rarely go back in for players when moves have "collapsed". City could see Vlahovic as a younger Kane alternative that is available during this Jan window (as he has a similar style of play). Especially for around 60m. I can also expect one more forward that will leave us in the summer - possibly either Mahrez or Sterling (if he doesn't renew his contract). Which can open the door for a Haaland summer move for his 65m release clause...
*fingers crossed* and we would have TWO world class strikers both aged 21

Fat chances, both of them want to be the main striker and not willing to being benched. We either get one or none at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.