Chelsea (H) - Sat 15th Jan, 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The league obviously isn't over. We couldn't declare on 53 points and win it. But the reality is that we're in an incredibly comfortable position and if we lost the league from here it would have to reflect the worst run of form in Pep's managerial career, coinciding with a turn in form from either Liverpool or Chelsea.

It's premature in that we haven't won anything yet, yes. But expecting us to go on and win the league from this incredible position is just common sense.
This can't be stressed enough. Assuming either Liverpool or Chelsea pick up steam (but don't become perfect) then we'd have to replicate our form from either the start of last season or mid 16/17. Both of which came with circumstances that barring an injury crisis would be impossible to match.

It's obviously not over, but I doubt Chelsea or Liverpool are fancying their chances much at this stage.

Are we really that different than City fans or other fanbases in that regard? I'd like to think our knuckleheads are no worse or bigger in number than your knuckleheads.

I get on the train from Derby and when we play Chelsea usually have a good chat with them . Most have moved from being local to Stamford Bridge due to cost but retain the links to the area, in the same way I do to Manchester.

Reserving my opinion on the match until Pep's presser. If the rumours are true we could have a fair few out.
We probably have a similar number out to what we had v Swindon. Maybe 1 more available. It seems like 2 or 3 back but 2 others out. I worry that Ederson might be one that’s still in isolation. That will hurt our build up so much.

Are we really that different than City fans or other fanbases in that regard? I'd like to think our knuckleheads are no worse or bigger in number than your knuckleheads.
Possibly today. Although when I lived in Kingston -upon Thames back in the eighties there was a pub that was well known as a place that was frequented by right wing loons and they were all Chelsea fans and shed regulars.
Obviously other clubs had their share of these , not to beat around the bush, Nazi fans., however I never noticed them as organised and in those numbers. Obviously that was 40 years ago and I would hope things are different and most of those people have been drien from our game everywhere (in this country at least).

Good and bad in every fan base (except for the rags and bin dippers). I don't find Chealsea fans particulary objectionable or worse than anyone else.

This can't be stressed enough. Assuming either Liverpool or Chelsea pick up steam (but don't become perfect) then we'd have to replicate our form from either the start of last season or mid 16/17. Both of which came with circumstances that barring an injury crisis would be impossible to match.

It's obviously not over, but I doubt Chelsea or Liverpool are fancying their chances much at this stage.
Now that we’ve got a gap we could of done with a prime Sunday slot instead of first up Saturday. Early games are great for applying pressure if you win (which we’ve done so far) but a defeat opens the door for both teams, I’d take a draw now & a 4pt return from Chelsea, same for the dippers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.