Covid and travel discussion

The picture should become a lot clearer over the next few weeks and by March I'm sure you'll have a much better idea of how realistic April will be. Feb half term will be a big indicator of where the rules are heading.

I'll stick my neck out and say Spain will have quietly dropped the vaccination requirement well before April, and likely revert back to the negative Covid test requirement for anyone 12+ who isn't double/treble jabbed (assuming we haven't all been consumed by another variant)

If your flights are with Easyjet (and I'm guessing they might be.....) just be aware their free change policy only runs up to the end of March. It could well be extended, but equally airlines can't be super flexible forever.
In the unlikely event its getting towards the end of March and we're still none the wiser with Spain, then it might be the right time to take advantage of that free change before the 31st March current deadline.

(if your flights aren't with Easyjet then discard that last paragraph!)
Ha, they are indeed with EasyJet! Will bear that in mind, cheers.

Booked some cheap flights to Spain for the family a few months ago (flying in April). My daughter has recently turned 12 but hasn’t got time to get double vaccinated before we go, which is now an entry requirement for Spain. Does anyone know if this is a permanent rule, or was it just introduced in response to Omicron and could be scrapped again before we’re due to fly?
Are you going late April?

Had her first dose today. Can’t have her second for 12 weeks which takes us up to 8th April, and apparently she can’t get vaccine passport until two weeks after that.
So she’d need her second one by March 28 which is absolutely allowed, provided you tell them it’s for a holiday. There is another way, but they do have quite a lot of discretion. It would mean taking her to a walk in centre, as you wouldn’t be able to book an appointment, but there are plenty of them about. Community Pharmacy is your best bet. Pop into one and explain the situation and I’m sure they’ll tell you to pop in around the 25th March.

So she’d need her second one by March 28 which is absolutely allowed, provided you tell them it’s for a holiday. There is another way, but they do have quite a lot of discretion. It would mean taking her to a walk in centre, as you wouldn’t be able to book an appointment, but there are plenty of them about. Community Pharmacy is your best bet. Pop into one and explain the situation and I’m sure they’ll tell you to pop in around the 25th March.
Thanks mate, that’s useful to know!

It's a nonsense, the first few days I was over was 1am finish but suddenly they decided that extra hour must be doing too much damage!! Haha!
It didn't matter too much to me as this was more business than pleasure but sad to see a lot of late opening bars being put at severe risk of never reopening.
I'll not be over now until early March so hopefully things improve for those who rely on a later finish.

It's crackers. Things are just warning up by midnight. The bars with entertainment have just mover their acts forward. You have to adjust to starting earlier is all. As for mask wearing outside, don't get me started on that nonsense!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.