Covid and travel discussion

Tenerife is level 4 I'm here at the moment. Masks worn everywhere even outside, though many ignoring that. Bars at reduced capacity and all shut at midnight.
yes noticed on the web cams people wearing masks and some without,think your ok with no mask on the beach?, i think their reviewing on the 24th

yes noticed on the web cams people wearing masks and some without,think your ok with no mask on the beach?, i think their reviewing on the 24th

They are supposed to be mandatory except on the beach, when swimming and hiking; n open spaces. Many not complying and the police don't appear as zealous to enforce it as previous times. Bars are ignoring restrictions and packing them in while they can.

They are supposed to be mandatory except on the beach, when swimming and hiking; n open spaces. Many not complying and the police don't appear as zealous to enforce it as previous times. Bars are ignoring restrictions and packing them in while they can.
Yeah I flew back today after a quick break over to see some mates and there's fuck all restrictions in place at all bar the midnight closures.

Yeah I flew back today after a quick break over to see some mates and there's fuck all restrictions in place at all bar the midnight closures.

The bar restrictions and midnight closures are just stupid. Who's counting? Plus in the popular bars try telling a load of drunks you're full with no bouncer backup as many bars don't use them. As for the midnight closing everyone is now packed together leaving numerous bars when a later closing meant leaving was staggered.

The bar restrictions and midnight closures are just stupid. Who's counting? Plus in the popular bars try telling a load of drunks you're full with no bouncer backup as many bars don't use them. As for the midnight closing everyone is now packed together leaving numerous bars when a later closing meant leaving was staggered.
It's a nonsense, the first few days I was over was 1am finish but suddenly they decided that extra hour must be doing too much damage!! Haha!
It didn't matter too much to me as this was more business than pleasure but sad to see a lot of late opening bars being put at severe risk of never reopening.
I'll not be over now until early March so hopefully things improve for those who rely on a later finish.

Booked some cheap flights to Spain for the family a few months ago (flying in April). My daughter has recently turned 12 but hasn’t got time to get double vaccinated before we go, which is now an entry requirement for Spain. Does anyone know if this is a permanent rule, or was it just introduced in response to Omicron and could be scrapped again before we’re due to fly?

It's only a temporary measure, but it is a 'how long is a piece of string' type scenario.
Initially only brought in for December, I think it's now in place until towards the end of this month and then subject to another review (about every 2 weeks it's reviewed I think)

I'd like to think that by April it will have been dropped, otherwise Spain are gonna miss out on so much tourism business for Easter, so the best thing to do at the moment is nothing assuming plan A is still to go as booked.

Depending on the airline, you might be able to change the flights free of charge if things are looking a bit iffy closer to departure.

Reactions: Ric
It's only a temporary measure, but it is a 'how long is a piece of string' type scenario.
Initially only brought in for December, I think it's now in place until towards the end of this month and then subject to another review (about every 2 weeks it's reviewed I think)

I'd like to think that by April it will have been dropped, otherwise Spain are gonna miss out on so much tourism business for Easter, so the best thing to do at the moment is nothing assuming plan A is still to go as booked.

Depending on the airline, you might be able to change the flights free of charge if things are looking a bit iffy closer to departure.
Thanks for the advice mate, much appreciated. The airline are currently allowing us to change flights free of charge, but will hold fire for now and hope that the requirements are dropped in the coming weeks/months.

Thanks for the advice mate, much appreciated. The airline are currently allowing us to change flights free of charge, but will hold fire for now and hope that the requirements are dropped in the coming weeks/months.

The picture should become a lot clearer over the next few weeks and by March I'm sure you'll have a much better idea of how realistic April will be. Feb half term will be a big indicator of where the rules are heading.

I'll stick my neck out and say Spain will have quietly dropped the vaccination requirement well before April, and likely revert back to the negative Covid test requirement for anyone 12+ who isn't double/treble jabbed (assuming we haven't all been consumed by another variant)

If your flights are with Easyjet (and I'm guessing they might be.....) just be aware their free change policy only runs up to the end of March. It could well be extended, but equally airlines can't be super flexible forever.
In the unlikely event its getting towards the end of March and we're still none the wiser with Spain, then it might be the right time to take advantage of that free change before the 31st March current deadline.

(if your flights aren't with Easyjet then discard that last paragraph!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.