#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a very good period last year but seemed to fall away a bit towards the end of the season. However has been consistently one of the top performers this season. Such a threat and one that no other break has available to them.!superb again today.

Pep is always quite revolutionary in terms of certain ideas.

I don't know if managers will pick up on the opposite footed fullback in the future, but Pep and Cancelo are absolutely revolutionizing the idea.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any team who doesn't play with classical fullbacks.

Pep is always quite revolutionary in terms of certain ideas.

I don't know if managers will pick up on the opposite footed fullback in the future, but Pep and Cancelo are absolutely revolutionizing the idea.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any team who doesn't play with classical fullbacks.

I can't think of any FB who can be world class on both sides of the pitch, i.e. both at LB and RB. Cancelo is unique.

Weirdly now a better left back than right back. Top class today. we're so unfortunate he and Sane didn't overlap, pair him with a left footer with electric pace on that left side and we would have a killer combination. Grealish doesn't have the movement and sterling can't use his left to benefit from Cancelo's brilliance.

seems to recall Cancelo first match playing as a left back was against spurs at home a couple of seasons ago (may have been after another Mendy injury) and he had a really poor performance......since then he's turned into one of the best full backs in the world.

amazing transformation in just over 2.5 years

I thought he did really well defensively today on top of his usual brilliance on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.