#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you must be fucking joking !!!!
By way the worst player by a country mile.Shit and Dog spring to mind !!!
One of the worst players ever to sign for City and he offers nothing absolutely even less as a defender !!!
one of the worst players ever to sign for City!!

Really wow where have you been the last 30years Oakie?? lol

His current performance levels are exceptional and the defensive side of his game has improved. Your above stats are very interesting and I will be honest I am surprised he is the best fb for aerial duels. On current form the best lb in the league.
Like with tackles and interceptions a lot of it comes down to where these duels are taking place. Teams such as City are very clever and they can funnel a team into playing into defensive traps.

The important thing with Cancelo though is that a high number means he's still doing a great job of it. Which is super important for our pressing.

Fun (and incredible) stats:

Cancelo has made 29 interceptions in the PL so far - more than TAA, R. James and Chilwell taken together.

Also, Cancelo has won more aerials so far than TAA, James and Chilwell have between them.

Generally, his defensive stats are great.
Love it.

The strides he’s made since that rocky start are admirable, and that’s just in the areas that are obviously visible. These unexpected returns are just the cherry.

Obviously stats don’t paint the whole picture but that picture is pretty rosy right now and long may it continue!

I've slagged Cancelo in the past for his defense - which in my view was average-ish at best.

But kudos to Cancelo - Cancelo's defensive game has improved quite a bit as shown v. West Ham; he's actually pretty good on defense now.

I think that Silva has been our best player of the season - but Cancelo is a close second.

Looked weirdly uncomfortable on his natural side tonight and like zinchenko on the other flank, was guilty of being caught too high up without walker on the pitch to cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.