United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean Ralf Ragnick c'mon, I wouldn't employ him to walk my dog..
roy-keane-really.gif

And not just coz he can't hold onto a lead.......

For someone new to the forum and not particularly a fan of English football...... how long have you held this viewpoint about United in for? 14 posts in under 2 hours on the same subject leads me to conclude it has been a long time!

What was the tipping point today when you finally decided to let it all out on Blue Moon?
I am a fan of English football and football generally. I don't support an English club but I like watching the Premier League. I used to watch La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A too, but my interest waned as I got older (40 in May) because time became more precious and I feel disconnected from a lot of players now. It's weird when you're older than active players as compared to when you're a teen and they're all older than you. But I still enjoy good football and for me the Premier League has the best football now (I used to think La Liga was the best and before that serie A) so I watch it, as well as European football (CL, EL) and international football.

I actually do support a club in my country but it's a very leisurely support even though the club is successful, and the reason for that is that my political views do not align with the club's, but I formed an emotional attachment to the club long before I became politically conscious, so I am in turmoil at wanting the club to win but being put off by a lot of the political views of the fans and their cretinous opinions and behaviour. Some people can seperate these things, I can't. I hope this makes some sense.

So rather than attach myself to a European heavyweight all of a sudden like a glory-hunter, I just enjoy watching good teams. I loved watching Pep's Barca, his Bayern, I like watching highlights of and reading excerpts of Cruyff and Michel's Holland, the Magical Magyars, Pele and Garrincha's Brazil teams, the quality Bayern and Ajax teams of the 70s etc.

I don't know exactly why I hate Man United. I was 11 when they won their first title in the Premier League era under Ferguson so I suppose if I had a different personality I was the prime type of glory hunter at a young age they'd want to attract, but I just always despised the club. I just always thought they were a horrible club and that was reinforced when I read about how they dined out on Munich and treated the survivors etc, all the stuff about Edwards and poisoned meat etc. I knew about all this before I read it on here but I learned they did even more horrid stuff. Of course every club has its skeletons but they seem to have more than just about anyone.

Also, I never bought the idea that they played good football. Their 90s style was too chaotic for me and all about smacking it down the wings and spamming crosses into the box, percentage football, vert 90s PL era football. I still maintain the main problem they have now is that they never adapted to modern football, and when Guardiola influenced football with Barca to bring it back round to more of a possession and pressing game, United were horribly unequipped with their ethos as a club to play this style of football. Even now you can see they rarely ever play good combinations, press well, dribble well, maintain possession. They're still trying to play that 90s ultra counter attack fast style, and while I think counter attack has its place too my preference in football is Barca and City's mostly possession style. It always amazes me when people call Guardiola's football boring. I tend to consider people who say that clueless cunts when it comes to football, frankly. I doubt most of them have ever played the game. I have played the game for over 30 years and it is much harder and more satisfying to pass round or dribble round tight spaces in a team than to run into loads of space on a counter. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy counter attacking football, just nowhere near as much as ruining a tightly packed organised, balanced defence. The latter naturally takes more skill. I have always been more about technique than athleticism, even though as a player myself I was/am very fast, a strong dribbler and passer according to others. I just prefer combination play.

Sorry for going off on a tangent, just giving you some background into my logic and thinking.

Last edited:
I am a fan of English football and football generally. I don't support and English club but I like watching the Premier League. I used to watch La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A too, but my interest waned as I got older (40 in May) because time became more precious and I feel disconnected from a lot of players now. It's weird when you're older than active players as compared to when you're a teen and they're all older than you. But I still enjoy good football and for me the Premier League has the best football now (I used to think La Liga was the best and before that serie A) so I watch it, as well as European football (CL, EL) and international football.

I actually do support a club in my country but it's a very leisurely support even though the club is successful, and the reason for that is that my political views do not align with the club's, but I formed an emotional attachment to the club long before I became politically conscious, so I am in turmoil at wanting the club to win but being put off by a lot of the political views of the fans and their cretinous opinions and behaviour. Some people can seperate these things, I can't. I hope this makes some sense.

So rather than attach myself to a European heavyweight all of a sudden like a glory-hunter, I just enjoy watching good teams. I loved watching Pep's Barca, his Bayern, I like watching highlights of and reading excerpts of Cruyff and Michel's Holland, the Magical Magyars, Pele and Garrincha's Brazil teams, the quality Bayern and Ajax teams of the 70s etc.

I don't know exactly why I hate Man United. I was 11 when they won their first title in the Premier League era under Ferguson so I suppose if I had a different personality I was the prime type of glory hunter at a young age they'd want to attract, but I just always despised the club. I just always thought they were a horrible club and that was reinforced when I read about how they dined out on Munich and treated the survivors etc, all the stuff about Edwards and poisoned meat etc. I knew about all this before I read it on here but I learned they did even more horrid stuff. Of course every club has its skeletons but they seem to have more than just about anyone.

Also, I never bought the idea that they played good football. Their 90s style was too chaotic for me and all about smacking it down the wings and spamming crosses into the box, percentage football, vert 90s PL era football. I still maintain the main problem they have now is that they never adapted to modern football, and when Guardiola influenced football with Barca to bring it back round to more of a possession and pressing game, United were horribly unequipped with their ethos as a club to play this style of football. Even now you can see they rarely ever play good combinations, press well, dribble well, maintain possession. They're still trying to play that 90s ultra counter attack fast style, and while I think counter attack has its place too my preference in football is Barca and City's mostly possession style. It always amazes me when people call Guardiola's football boring. I tend to consider people who say that clueless cunts when it comes to football, frankly. I doubt most of them have ever played the game. I have played the game for over 30 years and it is much harder and more satisfying to pass round or dribble round tight spaces in a team than to run into loads of space on a counter. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy counter attacking football, just nowhere near as much as ruining a tightly packed organised, balanced defence. The latter naturally takes more skill. I have always been more about technique than athleticism, even though as a player myself I was/am very fast, a strong dribbler and passer according to others. I just prefer combination play.

Sorry for going off on a tangent, just giving you some background into my logic and thinking.
Nevermind that.... do you like The Smiths?

Since they are going nowhere I would love us to get into Greenwood's ear. The earlier we can save him the better. Quality talent getting closer to becoming the next Martial every counting minute he spends in that toxic cesspit of mediocrity and delusion. Maybe Phil can have a word
Jesus wept, no he's shite. Why do people fall for the rag media hyperbole?

His only notable ability is having the confidence of youth to shoot on goal whenever he finds himself with the ball at his feet in and around the area, more often than not selfishly as there are usually better options if he were to ever pass.

He contributes nothing else whatsoever to the team.

If he played for any other team you would barely have even heard of him and certainly wouldn't be talking about him being potentially good enough to play for City.

Rangnick: "He [Martial] didn't want to be in the squad, he would have been int he squad normally but he didn't want to and that was the reason why he didn't travel with us yesterday."

Lol
Prob be offered a new 4 year deal with the option for the club to extend. That’s the problem with them. They just keep rewarding bad performances and behaviour as they are so commercially driven that they can’t bear the thought of players leaving without them getting anything for them. They pay them so much that no other team will ever sign them anyway so they have a team full of players who either aren’t good enough or dont want to be there but won’t take a pay cut to go elsewhere.

Shambles and long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.