Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goldstein on talkSPORT asked a ridiculously leading question as to whether Rooney’s season at Derby would surpass Pep’s at City this season even if we win the title, were Rooney to keep Derby up which would be, according to Daft Andy, “one of the greatest achievements in the history of football”
I think the whole narrative around Rooney as poisoned/hyped as the one around City.

If he loses its the owners fault. If he wins he is a genius because he's doing it despite the owners. Yet another misinformation bubble set to burst somewhere further down the line.

Unless there is something I dont know about him but I dont see the ability in his managership as much as maybe Lampard or Gerrard, they appear to have real ideas and gravitas to back it up.

Last edited:
I dint the whole narrative around Rooney as poisoned as the one around City.

If he loses its the owners fault. If he wins he is a genius because he's doing it despite the owners. Yet another misinformation bubble set to burst somewhere further down the line.

Unless there is something I dont know about him but I dont see the ability in his managership as much as maybe Lampard or Gerrard, they appear to have real ideas and gravitas to back it up.

I disagree. Unlike Tuchel or Klopp he has not moaned or made excuses. He has sold the better players whilst bringing together a bunch of misfits and academy products and overachieved.
While we don't know his coaching skills we must acknowledge his ability to get the best out of the resources he has left.
Will he fuck up on a personal level again, probably.

I disagree. Unlike Tuchel or Klopp he has not moaned or made excuses. He has sold the better players whilst bringing together a bunch of misfits and academy products and overachieved.
While we don't know his coaching skills we must acknowledge his ability to get the best out of the resources he has left.
Will he fuck up on a personal level again, probably.
Well thats where I dont know I suppose. I've watched them 2 or 3 times. I didnt know he had to sell his best players.

The boring narrative is boring in it’s self, it is a stupid and ridiculous argument and frankly childish. They never, they being the media, said this when the rags were so dominant for all those years.

If they can convince football fans that the problem with City is they are plastic & got no fans you can convince the world that Peps football is boring.

The highest scoring record breaking City is all a bit blaaaah. Goebels was right.

If they can convince football fans that the problem with City is they are plastic & got no fans you can convince the world that Peps football is boring.

The highest scoring record breaking City is all a bit blaaaah. Goebels was right.
The problem with the ‘Pep’s football is boring’ narrative is that it was the same pundits who were telling us that his Barcelona side played the best football in the history of the game. You can’t have it both ways.

The problem with the ‘Pep’s football is boring’ narrative is that it was the same pundits who were telling us that his Barcelona side played the best football in the history of the game. You can’t have it both ways.

If they had a backbone they couldn’t.

I think the whole narrative around Rooney as poisoned/hyped as the one around City.

And to think he was doing it all for free….or should that be 90k Pw paid for by 32red (initially) the fact he only deferred payments during administration probably means he’s still squeezing em for the same amount. Can you imagine the uproar if Peps wage was paid by The Abu Dhabi National oil company? Or Vinnie deferred wages at Anderlecht? But Rooney is the patron saint of Derbyshire for getting them to the equivalent of mid table & getting the drinks in every now & again, so what if he sleeps at the training ground, it’s only because his missus is tired of him taking young girls back to his hotel room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.