Coronavirus (2022) thread

do you question the people who say 156k people have died from Covid ? Do you think that’s true or a lie, do you ask if you see that number quotes if it’s necessarily correct as you know for a fact many of those numbers weren’t due to Covid ?

it’s funny how people don’t seem to get mad and touchy when the numbers are misleading high but any suggestion of low numbers is met with ridicule and insults

strange world isn’t it

156k is a rapid figure using a positive case and a death within 28 days. It’s not accurate and never has been, It’s there for quick response where needed, to allow for resources etc to be moved to areas that need them as soon as possible.

It’s also misleadingly low as covid can easily take longer than 28 days to kill someone.

the figure of covid on the death certificate as a contributing factor of the death is 172k.

the figure of it being the only cause listed on the death certificate is just a mildly interesting factoid that bares no relevance on reality as we live in a world where very large number of people, if not the majority have a pre existing condition and are being kept alive by medical advancements.

the only thing this new data will be used for is to try to suggest we over reacted and downplay the deaths.

Last edited:
I can understand that people who didn’t contribute to the national effort by taking their jabs are going to say Covid was grossly exaggerated.

I am coming round to the view that maybe this thread should be closed because people who were too scared or politically motivated to be vaccinated are going to keep
scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Amazing how you can tell what posters have had or haven’t had their vaccinations based on an opinion.

Triple jabbed, will always take future jabs and I have always and will continue to question the numbers and our lockdown/restrictions response to the pandemic.

Just to add, my boy tested positive yesterday, no doubt caught at school and I’ve tested positive this morning. He is sick, I’m not but as per the rules, we are both now self isolating and I have informed test and trace via the app of our positive tests.

Is that enough support of the national effort or am I a barrel scraper still?

Last edited:
What does hospitalising record numbers of them even mean? It’s just a respiratory virus that affects children just like RSV, croup and bronchiolitis. Almost all are discharged after a day or 2 and are fine, with an immune system that will now be primed and working.
Meanwhile, instead of trying to vaccinate 5 year olds, we should be concentrating on the millions of elderly at risk across the world who have no access to vaccines that may well save their lives.

You're actually arguing that hospitalisation children is better than vaccinating them?

Words fail me.

Going about life without restrictions is normal. It is not some sort of heinous medical practice that breaches medical ethics.
It just happens it will result in a lot of mild Omicron infection that won't break the health service as we are past peak infection. This also has the side benefits that society will be better prepared for the next variant and will probably crush any subsequent summer Omicron wave before it starts.
I should also say that it would be helpful if those at risk waited two or three months or so to return to normal or they would put themselves at risk by doing so.

I'm not arguing for restrictions. I'm arguing for vaccination.

Amazing how you can tell what posters have had or haven’t had their vaccinations based on an opinion.

Triple jabbed, will always take future jabs and I have always and will continue to question the numbers and our lockdown/restrictions response to the pandemic.

Just to add, my boy tested positive yesterday, no doubt caught at school and I’ve tested positive this morning. He is sick, I’m not but as per the rules, we are both now self isolating and I have informed test and trace via the app of our positive tests.

Anyone can question the figures. It’s been said throughout that excess deaths is likely to be the closest figure, in terms of accuracy.

When peole start attributing less worth to people’s lives because they might have asthma, learning difficulties or god forbid be fat, that’s a whole different scale of issue.

i don’t know most of the peole on this forum but I’m afraid Boris thinks he knows the 17kers. They are the essence of “project red meat / big dog”.

The main reason I’ve commented on this issue if the flagrant attempt to devalue the role of emergency service workers and scientists in this pandemic. They might not be the intention of some but a certain consequence of people saying only those who were perfectly healthy are victims of Covid.

I'm not arguing for restrictions. I'm arguing for vaccination.
Good to know.
I agree that vaccination works, my only concern is that the current vaccine doesn't really help for younger people with respect to Omicron. They will still be a pool of probable infection for the next variant or secondary Omicron wave.

my only concern is that the current vaccine doesn't really help for younger people with respect to Omicron

On what basis?

Omicron is different for children in that it doesn't seem to be milder in the way it is for adults. Children's hospitalisation rates are unchanged vs delta. The vaccine is highly effective vs hospitalisation.

His one dimensional opinion on what constitutes contribution is also very telling.
Despite the demonisation and viciousness,i am not ashamed to say i haven't been jabbed,that isn't to say im anti vax.......as i believe it is the best approach for many,mostly those who are vulnerable and/or at risk but also those who need the reassurance of such.
I have been following protocol and guidelines though,wearing a mask and taking LFT's regularly,all while working throughout the period.

The vaccinations still present questions,and,in some cases, complications.....there isn't yet a one size fits all answer/scenario and,until those potential life affecting factors can be put to bed,neither should there be.

Anyone can question the figures. It’s been said throughout that excess deaths is likely to be the closest figure, in terms of accuracy.

When peole start attributing less worth to people’s lives because they might have asthma, learning difficulties or god forbid be fat, that’s a whole different scale of issue.

i don’t know most of the peole on this forum but I’m afraid Boris thinks he knows the 17kers. They are the essence of “project red meat / big dog”.

The main reason I’ve commented on this issue if the flagrant attempt to devalue the role of emergency service workers and scientists in this pandemic. They might not be the intention of some but a certain consequence of people saying only those who were perfectly healthy are victims of Covid.

I dont see anyone attributing less worth to anyones life.

Co morbidities have been a huge contributory factor in covid deaths so it’s not some huge stretch to then discuss them and ask how could they be avoided say for diabetes that for many, could be avoided if we lived a healthier lifestyle.

Like it or not, we are not immortal and we all have a personal responsibility for our own health and well-being and sadly, a large number of deaths from covid probably would have been avoided had we as a population been healthier.

The vast majority of deaths though looking at the age groups are in all reality, unavoidable as these are people naturally at the end of an expected life. Apologies if that comes across as cold and callous, it isn’t meant to be but nonetheless, it’s true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.