Golf Thread

Not played there for 20 odd years will give that a go this year hopefully
Yea do it pal, done loads on drains ect . I played on Monday and the fairways were extremely wet but we played on normal greens and they were superb considering

Watching the Abu Dhabi golf champs and theres a huge round building in the distance with a large city badge on it. Anyone know what that is?

On a different note i noticed at a fitting day my driver soeed is 101mph. It was 110+ about 8 years ago. started a proper workout programme and bought some superspeed sticks.

going to see if i can get back up or even past 110.
i just turned 50. on week 2 of the superspeeds and i feel quicker already. Will go to a sim in 3 or 4 weeks to get a reading.

Watching the Abu Dhabi golf champs and theres a huge round building in the distance with a large city badge on it. Anyone know what that is?
It's Aldar's headquarters. Was already a spectacular building even before this latest redesign!

Attachments

• IMG-20211206-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20211206-WA0004.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 18
Looking to book some venues 2022 in and around Lancashire/Manchester area for our golf society - usually we have about 24 of us playing a Friday from April to Sept - but not had a do for few years due to covid.....looking at somewhere different from usual and cost of £40-50 each for day with food - anyone got any good suggestions - good venues for both the golf and food?
I agree with Hilts selections below and Sky Tots Romiley suggestion, my local Club Ashton under Lyne is just 8 miles from Manchester City Centre and has been in top notch condition for the past few years and improvements are on going.

Also, Ringway is well worth playing as is High Legh which will be easy to get on with a Friday Society, got a driving range there and an American Golf Discount outlet. A bit further afield Cavendish in Buxton, designed by Alistair McKenzie and the inspiration for his Masters Course in Augusta is fantastic. All four I’ve mentioned are between 5600- 6,100 yards off the yellow tees which I think is perfect for Societies.

To others who live Greater Manchester theres a few Opens at Ashton this year, all reasonably priced and well worth a visit, its also where Mike Doyle was a member for all his adult life, played off scratch to 2 handicap.

Put my application & Direct Debit form into Romiley golf club on Wednesday.My mate who’s on the committee said I can start playing when I want now . So I’m playing Monday afternoon. I need lots of practice to get any where near I was when I was a member back in 2008 at Werneth Low . I’m looking forward to the challenge just need to find the time .

On a different note i noticed at a fitting day my driver soeed is 101mph. It was 110+ about 8 years ago. started a proper workout programme and bought some superspeed sticks.

going to see if i can get back up or even past 110.
i just turned 50. on week 2 of the superspeeds and i feel quicker already. Will go to a sim in 3 or 4 weeks to get a reading.
What are these superspeed sticks you talk of?

I agree with Hilts selections below and Sky Tots Romiley suggestion, my local Club Ashton under Lyne is just 8 miles from Manchester City Centre and has been in top notch condition for the past few years and improvements are on going.

Also, Ringway is well worth playing as is High Legh which will be easy to get on with a Friday Society, got a driving range there and an American Golf Discount outlet. A bit further afield Cavendish in Buxton, designed by Alistair McKenzie and the inspiration for his Masters Course in Augusta is fantastic. All four I’ve mentioned are between 5600- 6,100 yards off the yellow tees which I think is perfect for Societies.

To others who live Greater Manchester theres a few Opens at Ashton this year, all reasonably priced and well worth a visit, its also where Mike Doyle was a member for all his adult life, played off scratch to 2 handicap.

Just played there(ashton) for the first time the other day, very good course not sure why I haven't played it before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.