United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The broadcasters didn’t show the VAR offside check on my feed, but apparently did elsewhere.

Here is the frame that appears to show right when the ball leaves Martial’s boot (if not still slightly early). Cavani may be just offside; if the ball hasn’t quite left Martial’s boot than Cavani is definitely offside, as the West Ham defenders was stepping up.

Here is an earlier frame when the ball is still on Martial’s boot that VAR apparently chose to use to deem Cavani onside.

The Fergie fix is in, as always.

Infuriatingly obvious enough for me to come on and post about it.

his left shoulder looks off on that bottom picture

For years running it's been no secret that the United Manager seems to have not had the final say in matters - or so it seems to me.

As a result, United signed talented players who weren't necessarily known for their work rate.

Now, United is filled with a bunch of lazy (but very talented) players who don't want to press or try too hard to win games.

Enter Rangnick - a very capable manager inheriting a talented but unmotivated side. Into the mix - Rangnick is an interim manager. What ensues - the all-too-predictable, lazy, can't be bothered to enter into a hard challenge, performance from almost everyone on the field.

For years running it's been no secret that the United Manager seems to have not had the final say in matters - or so it seems to me.

As a result, United signed talented players who weren't necessarily known for their work rate.

Now, United is filled with a bunch of lazy (but very talented) players who don't want to press or try too hard to win games.

Enter Rangnick - a very capable manager inheriting a talented but unmotivated side. Into the mix - Rangnick is an interim manager. What ensues - the all-too-predictable, lazy, can't be bothered to enter into a hard challenge, performance from almost everyone on the field.
Having said that, it's worth mentioning that Solskjaer inherited a similar situation and actually did really well with it for the first half season.

The broadcasters didn’t show the VAR offside check on my feed, but apparently did elsewhere.

Here is the frame that appears to show right when the ball leaves Martial’s boot (if not still slightly early). Cavani may be just offside; if the ball hasn’t quite left Martial’s boot than Cavani is definitely offside, as the West Ham defenders was stepping up.

Here is an earlier frame when the ball is still on Martial’s boot that VAR apparently chose to use to deem Cavani onside.

The Fergie fix is in, as always.

Infuriatingly obvious enough for me to come on and post about it.

I always think that sort of tight call should either go to the attacker, or just go with the on field decision. Otherwise you end up with this situation where they can basically make it onside or offside purely on which frame they choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.