Mason Greenwood released on bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t be so sure, got a feeling they will try and settle it out of court and brush this under the carpet. He should be made an example of as should Mendy!
This ^^^^ is my concern.

Deep pockets versus shallow pockets.
15 minutes of rape victim infamy versus enough money to start a new life and have a few nice things.

This is where, for me, law enforcement SHOULD step in….

Tell Greenwood he will get a lighter sentence for providing financial security for his victim, BUT he’s getting a custodial sentence either way!

In the States, we do this via criminal & civil suits. Criminal trial addresses the crime, civil suit addresses victim financial redress.

Something that occurred to me - maybe I am either a) naive or b) worrying needlessly but is it possible we as a fan base could rise above singing that “she said no” song (a la other fans singing about Mendy) or similar - I know it’s dressed up as “banter” but in this case it’s even more unsavoury for me as we know who the “she” is and have a sense of what she has been through (and how brave she has been in breaking it). Think it would be the height of distaste tbh.

In theory yes as per Chelsea and Mutu.
I feel like that's different because I imagine footballers have a specific clause about drug use in their contract. They could also be sued for breach of contract if they got into a motorbike accident. I've not heard of any footballer being sued for breach of contract after being sent to prison though. Also with Mutu, there was a very definite transfer fee that Chelsea lost out on, whereas with Greenwood, there's only his hypothetical value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.