What are your unpopular opinions on City that you believe 100%?

The stick we get for our home atmosphere and empty seats is warranted.

Having the young dickheads and ballooners who can’t handle their beer as a more obvious part of our travelling support has added a huge amount in making our away fans among the best in the league. And I wish we had a similar percentage in our home support across the stadium.

Concourse singing is a compete fucking waste of time and energy, and needs fucking off.

The City board don’t understand or care about our fanbase. They’d be happy to have all the core supporters fall away from our match-going support if it meant they could charge more money.

Yaya Touré is the best payer we’ve ever had and the best midfielder in Premier League history, and isn’t given the praise he deserves by the City fanbase (especially on Bluemoon) or the wider football world. I don’t think he’s taken as seriously as European or South American players - not because of racism (because black and mixed race South Americans are taken more seriously) - but because African football is generally not as good as European or South American football and is simply not taken as seriously. I think if he was called Yaya Tourinho he’d be given more adulation and praise by City fans (especially on Bluemoon) and the wider football world.

I’ve never fully taken to the CoMS/Etihad and don’t think I ever will.

The facade of the Etihad with posters like these below are very tacky and make the stadium look shit
99A2E5D9-57D1-449E-B38F-EF17531A31A1.jpeg

Kinkladze definitely wouldn’t get in our team now. Despite him arguably being more skilful than many (/all?) of our current players and has some incredible highlights footage, he wasn’t actually that good a football player overall, and his career reflects that.

The stick Raheem Sterling got from the media was not race driven and was simply because he left media-darlings Liverpool for City.

John Stones is a miles better player than our fanbase gives him credit for. If he was called Juan Stonés, I think he’d be given more adulation from our fanbase. And if he played for United/Liverpool he’d be loved by the media and would arguably be England captain or at least in the group of captains. He was one of the main reasons England did so well at the Euros and why City won the league and got to the CL final last season and was every bit as good as Dias for us last season.
Just little things like his performance at right back against Brentford last week has only got a little bit of a rumble from our fans, but considering he’s a centre half, his performance in that game was fucking incredible! If van Dijk ever played right back and put in that performance the football world would be nominating him for the Balon D’Or!

I think you can see it in a lot of the replies in this thread.

I don't know if you've noticed this - but I have - there is more criticism of things surrounding our current team than there was back in 11/12. Which is wild when you consider what this group of players have achieved in the last few years.

The big myth at the heart of this is the idea that the 2012 team was as good as this side.

The reality is that they'd get absolutely smashed by this side or any Pep side since 2017.

The stick we get for our home atmosphere and empty seats is warranted.

Having the young dickheads and ballooners who can’t handle their beer as a more obvious part of our travelling support has added a huge amount in making our away fans among the best in the league. And I wish we had a similar percentage in our home support across the stadium.

Concourse singing is a compete fucking waste of time and energy, and needs fucking off.

The City board don’t understand or care about our fanbase. They’d be happy to have all the core supporters fall away from our match-going support if it meant they could charge more money.

Yaya Touré is the best payer we’ve ever had and the best midfielder in Premier League history, and isn’t given the praise he deserves by the City fanbase (especially on Bluemoon) or the wider football world. I don’t think he’s taken as seriously as European or South American players - not because of racism (because black and mixed race South Americans are taken more seriously) - but because African football is generally not as good as European or South American football and is simply not taken as seriously. I think if he was called Yaya Tourinho he’d be given more adulation and praise by City fans (especially on Bluemoon) and the wider football world.

I’ve never fully taken to the CoMS/Etihad and don’t think I ever will.

The facade of the Etihad with posters like these below are very tacky and make the stadium look shit

Kinkladze definitely wouldn’t get in our team now. Despite him arguably being more skilful than many (/all?) of our current players and has some incredible highlights footage, he wasn’t actually that good a football player overall, and his career reflects that.

The stick Raheem Sterling got from the media was not race driven and was simply because he left media-darlings Liverpool for City.

John Stones is a miles better player than our fanbase gives him credit for. If he was called Juan Stonés, I think he’d be given more adulation from our fanbase. And if he played for United/Liverpool he’d be loved by the media and would arguably be England captain or at least in the group of captains. He was one of the main reasons England did so well at the Euros and why City won the league and got to the CL final last season and was every bit as good as Dias for us last season.
Just little things like his performance at right back against Brentford last week has only got a little bit of a rumble from our fans, but considering he’s a centre half, his performance in that game was fucking incredible! If van Dijk ever played right back and put in that performance the football world would be nominating him for the Balon D’Or!
Fucking hell, do you feel better having got that off your chest :-)

I agree with at least 7 of those and possibly all!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.