Russian invasion of Ukraine

Well your quote on "with just 30000 people" sounded like you were trying to justify what the British did back then. Again I never blamed anyone here. I just said that India was not a part of British empire until they went there and looted and plundered everything.
@roy.or.r @SWP's back can you both stop stealing each others empire. I am struggling to catch up on this thread.

So we go to war with him for bits of Ukraine that think they should be Russian anyway? We can keep this going, many thousands will die and then there will be a peace. Maybe try to find the peace now.

That's not appeasement and it needs some solid lines to avoid peace in our time type issues, but it's easy to sit in relative safety and suggest others die
straw men to the left of me, straw men to the right of me etc etc
never suggested we should be going to war.
i dont want anyone to die, but dying they are
i dont think giving putin/russia land will bring peace and stop the dying. i think the russians will accept the peace but use proxies to carry on killing Ukrainians, while they regroup and re arm and then invade again. i think the only way to stop this would be to invite ukraine to join nato.

i think it is appeasement but happy to stop using the word if it gets in the way of having a real discussion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.