Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
totally agree, we've seen world class players take a year to get peps systems of play training day in day out , imagine some of the england players trying to learn peps way at international level it would take 10 years
Though to be honest, the structure really does seem pretty fucking simple if you can let go of the static expected positions and look at the team as a fluid jelly-like blob that adjusts with the immediate flow of the game, while recognising that certain players will want to get back to their best areas once the situation allows. It's all about putting pressure on the ball when you lose it, whole preparing to buy time in the event that it bypasses the press.

You could simplify it further by just looking at the areas vacated as being subject to 'rocker' coverage. I.e. the players in the exposed areas have responsibility for shifting over a little to make sure they are able to cover space in time for others to come back. Doesn't necessarily matter who - just bodies busting a gut to be back in the spaces before the opposition can get a clear view of goal.
Hence Bernie and Co. popping up at CB from time to time.

Felix anyone to top it off?
I have this horrible feeling it will be for bernado at the end of the season I don't think he stays after this season hope he does.
The signing of haaland shows the club are setting us up for the next 10 years
Academy is thriving
Grealish foden haaland front three my word stop it

I have this horrible feeling it will be for bernado at the end of the season I don't think he stays after this season hope he does.
The signing of haaland shows the club are setting us up for the next 10 years
Academy is thriving
Grealish foden haaland front three my word stop it
Felix for berarndo is not a bad trade. I would be ok with that. If grealish moves into the #8 role and felix out to the wings, everything will balance out.

We very rarely play matches where we have the spaces through the middle, or an opponent with a high enough line to play through balls to a striker. Where Haaland needs to make the difference for us is on cut-backs and crosses across the box. Someone with that sense of goal and a desire to get on the end of it.
That will be adapted, I don’t envisage the style we currently see will be set in stone, in fact I think we’ll see more of the 18 yard box diagonals straight to source, KDB will smash his assist record!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.