The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
8 points ahead to 1 point ahead.
That is not a positive direction of travel.
Even in backwards shitholes like Yorkshire that must be simple mathematics.
But the Pepsexual cultist loons will no doubt tell us it’s all part of the plan and we don’t actually understand football

The players and the manager should forget about the lead that got cut short and start fresh after the break with the mentality of league leaders.

I don’t think this is true. On current form burnley will be a tough win. It all depends on which city turns up? We look tired. Passing and finishing is off leading to an abundance of chances for the opposition.
Liverpool have played 4 extra games than us since New Year, one of which was a final that went to 120 minutes. They also had a tougher CL second leg compared to us. There is no reason why we should be tired than them.

Liverpool have played 4 extra games than us since New Year, one of which was a final that went to 120 minutes. They also had a tougher CL second leg compared to us. There is no reason why we should be tired than them.
Didn't Liverpool award themselves a very convenient mid-season break with a false Covid-test scam ?

Yes, but they've been playing almost every mid-week since then. We played 4 games in January, that is as good as having a break.

Well that depends on whether the timing of the engineered break is strategic, for example to make players available for games they might otherwise have missed.

Anyway, I wouldn't put too much store in that. I'm of the belief that whoever wins the league in May deserves it. It's in our hands to prevent them winning all or any of the three trophies we are both left in. If we can't, it speaks for itself.

Simple.

We's still be 8 points in front if we hadn't f*cked up against Southampton, Spurs, and Palace.

No matter if they had kept on winning, if we'd have done the same, they wouldn't have caught us.
If Liverpool hadn’t dropped 12 points out of 33 to end 2021, they’d be 11 points clear of us now. If it was just as easy as winning every game this sport would be simple, but there’s a reason only one team has ever achieved 100 points and no team has or ever will achieve 114.

I don’t think we’re as good as we have been in the final third in other years under Pep. This team is nowhere near as good going forward as those first two titles under Pep. I think 12 wins in a row - which is a fantastic achievement - is as good as this team could manage.

I think we’ve dropped in quality up top without having Foden on the left. I think we look very blunt with him in the middle and Grealish isn’t as good as him on the left. Mysteriously, Gundogan hasn’t been in the team as much this season. de Bruyne has had some fantastic performances (Chelsea h, United h) but over the season he’s been playing with his injury that needs surgery and you can tell as he’s not been up to his very highest standards consistently. And Sterling had a bloody awful run for a good chunk of the season. He’s only really played well in December plus Norwich away. Outside December and Norwich, he’s scored 1 goal and got 1 assist.

I actually don’t think we’re as good as Liverpool. I think they’re a more complete team (last night they had two #9s who bagged their goals, our only #9 is Delap) and I do favour them to win the title. But I’m well up for the fight and we are capable of beating them at home because we are so good defensively (fewest goals conceded, fewest shots on our goal, fewest attacks faced of any team), if we can put the ball in the net.

It’s going to be an exciting run-in!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did people genuinely think it was over? Don't follow it on here enough to know but it never was really was it.

We just need to rely on our big players now. Think Gundo will get a run of games soon.

Its going to get so nervy

Oh they did. And mocked anyone daring to mention there was half a season left to play. Ickle citeh smalltimers that lnow nothing about football, Pep, or winning. or something like that.

I still believe we will win the league fyi. But the part needs played and it isn't some piss easy paddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.