Russian invasion of Ukraine

I saw a video yesterday which is so graphic I won’t share it. It was just like all the other blown up tank videos until near the end where it panned over a bare pair of butt cheeks. No torso, nothing below the knees. Clothing blown off, rest of the body presumably 20 yards away.

I think I’ve become quite desensitised to a lot of footage we’re seeing but that video has really stuck with me because of the sheer indignity of it. Imagine your son or brother or father going off to war because of Putin and coming back as nothing more than an arse.

Nothing to bury, nothing to identify the body, nothing to say goodbye to.

Put that on the big screen and see how keen they are on the war.
Agreed - Not a popular view on here with some but my heart does go out to the majority of Russian teenagers that have been sent out as cannon fodder with a choice of fight and get killed or retreat and get killed by your own, i'm not sure what the Russian POW numbers are but I suspect they must be high.

I think Arnie hit it on the nail again with his recent video, and I know lots of Ukranians that live here in the Algarve (our cleaner is Ukranian and is at my place now) and she despises Putin and the Kremlin but feels sorry for Russian people - there is a distinction between the two which often blurs into one unified hatred - again can be put down to Putins continuous them against us bullshit he pedals over the airwaves.

Has BBC livenew feed been hacked - the rest of the website is OK, but every story on the live feed has some weird font.

BBC.jpg

Agreed - Not a popular view on here with some but my heart does go out to the majority of Russian teenagers that have been sent out as cannon fodder with a choice of fight and get killed or retreat and get killed by your own, i'm not sure what the Russian POW numbers are but I suspect they must be high.

I think Arnie hit it on the nail again with his recent video, and I know lots of Ukranians that live here in the Algarve (our cleaner is Ukranian and is at my place now) and she despises Putin and the Kremlin but feels sorry for Russian people - there is a distinction between the two which often blurs into one unified hatred - again can be put down to Putins continuous them against us bullshit he pedals over the airwaves.
Reminds me of a story my dad told me...think I posted it on here a few years back,you'd have to do that post history search thing.
Basically he was sat having breakfast with his family at home in Kiev.
It was a week after his 17th birthday.
Some Soviet soldiers burst in and told my dad and his brothers to get up,they was going to war.
They was told if they refused,they would be shot where they sat.
Off,they went,never seen a gun in their lives.,and they off to war,no idea why,no idea where and no idea who they were fighting.
All survived.

Putin was about to do a speech at that packed stadium but Russia TV has suddenly stopped the broadcast ….

Something may have happened

I saw a video yesterday which is so graphic I won’t share it. It was just like all the other blown up tank videos until near the end where it panned over a bare pair of butt cheeks. No torso, nothing below the knees. Clothing blown off, rest of the body presumably 20 yards away.

I think I’ve become quite desensitised to a lot of footage we’re seeing but that video has really stuck with me because of the sheer indignity of it. Imagine your son or brother or father going off to war because of Putin and coming back as nothing more than an arse.

Nothing to bury, nothing to identify the body, nothing to say goodbye to.

Put that on the big screen and see how keen they are on the war.
On the up side, there's somewhere to park your bike.

Me + Mrs MB = 68 (I owe her one). It’s a sign I tell thee, a sign.

The above “coincidence” has occurred 534 times since 1900… so we must be at WW 534 now. Or maybe it’s Now That’s What I call Music #534.
you mean day+month+year = 68 has occurred 534 times since 1900? if so:

121 years x 365 days = 44165, which means 68 is the result 0.012% of times. So for the result to be 68 for 3 specific and related events, wouldn't that be 0.012 * 0.012 * 0.012 = 0.000001728% chance of it happening?

I accept my probabilities math understanding may be flawed as its 40 years+ since I last used it.....

<edit> given the first "68" is arbitrary, it could have been any number, I guess the question then becomes what are the chances of events 2 and 3 being the same, which does significantly improve things 0.012 * 0.012 = 0.000144% chance, so whats that? about 1 in a million?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.