City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

If the PL investigation is about to be shut closed, it is the last chance to smear us as nothing has been proved we’ve cheated over the past decade. Once the PL clears us, it’s over. It does certainly feel like a desperate attempt to further damage our reputation.
Indeed. I think Liverpool FC have foreseen a week when they will disappear from the back pages as the investigation by the PL is announced as over and talk of their quad turns into talk of our treble.
In addition once the World Cup has taken place later in the year nobody can talk of their faux human rights concerns without being labelled the hypocrite they are.
This is the last hurrah for media attacks on City orchestrated clearly by LFC.

Anyway, back on topic, like I said: whatever creative accounting has been done (and I maintain you'd be naïve to think there hasn't been any during this ownership), I don't think there's remotely enough in this wave of emails to prove it. I also think most if not all high-level clubs do similar tricks when they need to, that FFP was a bad idea from the start that I have no problem with City dancing around, and that I would like see this Financial Samba (Revenue Riverdance?) continue as long as possible so we can get an actual striker and put seasons like this to bed without any Scouse excitement about making it tough.

I also think that the main reason these things get posted around the time of big City fixtures is because that's when there'll be the most interest in that type of piece. Feel free to call me a cockwomble or a spunktrumpet or whatever.

You can reply to the insults,but are deathly quiet when challenged to back you're original post up
It's eight o'clock in the morning mate, I'm making some toast

All I'll say is that the emails don't look great - it's easy to see how someone reading them would come to the conclusion that there's fudgery occurring, and I don't think there's a very high chance at all that we didn't come up with some creative ways to slip through financial regulation nets with sponsorship deals at some point. My advice to everyone who's so annoyed at this is just to care less. There's no ethical football ownership at this level, and as long as it isn't going to majorly affect the club, I'm simply not that arsed. If I'm wrong, cool. Not that bothered either way as I don't think much will become of it.

I just want trophies and a striker. And some toast. Oh, fuck, I've burned it now...

Last edited:
If the PL investigation is about to be shut closed, it is the last chance to smear us as nothing has been proved we’ve cheated over the past decade. Once the PL clears us, it’s over. It does certainly feel like a desperate attempt to further damage our reputation.
There's a very good reason "nothing has been proved we’ve cheated" despite what the idiot keeps repeating on here.

Anyway, back on topic, like I said: whatever creative accounting has been done (and I maintain you'd be naïve to think there hasn't been any during this ownership), I don't think there's remotely enough in this wave of emails to prove it. I also think most if not all high-level clubs do similar tricks when they need to, that FFP was a bad idea from the start that I have no problem with City dancing around, and that I would like see this Financial Samba (Revenue Riverdance?) continue as long as possible so we can get an actual striker and put seasons like this to bed without any Scouse excitement about making it tough.

I also think that the main reason these things get posted around the time of big City fixtures is because that's when there'll be the most interest in that type of piece. Feel free to call me a cockwomble or a spunktrumpet or whatever.
When you're in a hole, stop digging. We've been subject to the most intense financial scrutiny a club has ever been subject to. What the emails, particularly the one from Graham Wallace, show is that we were actually trying to ensure we were scrupulously clean.

Another post from this clear WUM.

Even though all accounting for City has been independently investigated and cleared at the leading sports arbitration service, forensically examined by every person who can add 2+2 on the internet and still no evidence of any wrongdoing whatsoever, we should take the word of the biggest WUM on the site that we are being ‘naive’.

List all evidence you have of false accounting, if you don’t have any, how about fûcking off for the foreseeable:)

@Ric Please fûck this WUM off this site, everything he posts slags off City in every thread he is involved in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.