Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Pep put all our easter eggs in the CL and prem baskets.
Let's hope he's right.

I'm amazed at some of the responses defending pep and the team selection today, trying to spin positives on a complete and utter shitshow. The fact is he's monumentally messed up yet another game of huge magnitude and in doing so has given Liverpool an extra step towards a quadruple.. something that sickens me to say. Seen someone say it 'was a respectable scoreline' are we Norwich or something? Another saying 'one less distraction' distraction to what exactly? Win today and its one more game? Why not just play u18s at Cheltenham back in January? Really dont get why pep is always immune to criticism, especially in these one off high pressure games in which there seems to be a recurring theme of him going against what has made his city teams tick and being stubborn and this costing city time and time again.
Quadruple you having a laff

I'm amazed at some of the responses defending pep and the team selection today, trying to spin positives on a complete and utter shitshow. The fact is he's monumentally messed up yet another game of huge magnitude and in doing so has given Liverpool an extra step towards a quadruple.. something that sickens me to say. Seen someone say it 'was a respectable scoreline' are we Norwich or something? Another saying 'one less distraction' distraction to what exactly? Win today and its one more game? Why not just play u18s at Cheltenham back in January? Really dont get why pep is always immune to criticism, especially in these one off high pressure games in which there seems to be a recurring theme of him going against what has made his city teams tick and being stubborn and this costing city time and time again.
no one will ever to do the quad.

What a waste on £150+ that was. At least play your first choice keeper FFS. Steffen should never play for the first team ever again, that’s two semi finals in a row he’s cost us.
So, so annoyed with team selection today. Why bother getting to Wembley in the first place if you‘re not prepared to put out your best eleven to win the tie.
I really fear that this has given Liverpool the momentum now and we could end up with nothing this season. It wouldn’t be the end of the world, but it could be a monumental Pep fuck up again.

Just got home. Probably won't bother going to Wembley if we get in any more FA cup semi finals. It felt like Pep wrote the game off after we went behind, it was like deja vu. I don't blame the people who swerved the game today, I wish I had saved the money and watched on TV instead.

At least the sun was out and we had a brief potter about that London!

All 3 goals I put down to Steffen, the first was just a run of the mill looping header & he just stood there flat footed. 2nd was pathetic & 3rd he didn’t spring to his left but most keepers would get.

so integral is the sweeper keeper to how we play that it affected all of our build up play, even the simple passes to full backs to beat the press had no pace or accuracy.

what I can’t think of were any other chances that the Dippers had for a world class display, they were gifted when once again I can think of multiples misses that we had.

Edit: I’ve missed the most important part of my post which was that I would have expected Steffan to have saved all 3. If he’d have done that we should have won. Grealish, Jesus & Sterling all had better chances.

Last edited:
Fuck me, fans are being bastardised for "spoiling" the minute's silence. Imagine paying £200 plus for the pleasure, entering the arena chanting city not knowing there's a minute's silence and then all of a sudden you are given pelters.

Always happens with minute's silences, just put an end to them.
Nobody knew there was one either. Outdated.

The "Pep throws away the FA cup every year" comments can fuck right off. He has to manage the schedule he has as it comes. he's not responsible for giving us the dippers twice either side of atletico twice in the space of about 10 days. He's set this as the lowest priority, surely nobody would disagree with that.
I do think if, two weeks ago, you'd have said WDDL for our run of four games 80% of City fans would have taken it. I probably would have done. We are still top of the league, and in the semi-finals of the CL for the third time in our history, sometimes it's useful to get a bit of perspective after a bruising QF game against the Spanish champions who injured two of our most important players. As always, we'll know where we are at the end of the season, but I'm always of the opinion that one of the PL/CL plus there or thereabouts for the rest is as good as it gets and anything else is a bonus. Some expect us to win everything every year, well it's not going to happen.

Kelleher, gomez, konate, matip, tsimikas, milner, Thiago, Jones, minamino, Salah, mane. that's about their equivalent of the team we sent out against their best 11. Imagine that against something like ederson walker cancelo stones laporte Rodri Bernardo kdb foden mahrez jesus. That game doesn't end up 3-2.

The "Pep throws away the FA cup every year" comments can fuck right off. He has to manage the schedule he has as it comes. he's not responsible for giving us the dippers twice either side of atletico twice in the space of about 10 days. He's set this as the lowest priority, surely nobody would disagree with that. If we had the benfica games the dippers had, we put out a much stronger team, we didn't, so he does what he has to and accepts the consequences of putting it bottom of the priorities list. Pep plays it right every year, he gets us into strong positions come the end of the season, circumstances just means we have to prioritise sometimes.
Great post. The thing that saddens me most about this forum is most "fans" don't seem to appreciate that, seem to think they're robots who can keep going forever. I haven't read a single post all day that mentioned that Eddie got a hefty knock in Spain and might be struggling with that, or that he made a mistake that night that almost cost us a goal which could have led to us losing the tie. Today I had us down for a 1-4 loss before the match even started, yet in the end we could have taken it to extra time and maybe pens and still not won, which would have put even more pressure on us for the coming games - chance of more injuries and so on.

It's all oh so easy to say Pep should have done this and that, but all those people should remember he's one of the world's most successful and respected managers for a reason and we're lucky to have him. Are any of those of you who are slagging him and the team off top football coaches? How the hell do you know what's best and what he should have done.

I could have understood this rhetoric 25 years ago, but in the middle of a period which is our most successful ever, and by some distance - with the added bonus that the rags are struggling too. We should be singing from the rooftops for even reaching a semi final. Our record over the past decade or so, the moments they have given us, the quality and class is something I never thought I would see in my lifetime and we're not done yet by any stretch of the imagination, but no team can be 100% all the time and win everything. We're a bit unlucky that Liverpool have done so well, I thought we'd be streets ahead of everyone else by now but whatever you think of them, like it or not they have bought well and done well to stay with us.

As enticing as it may sound I don't want us cruising to every trophy every season. What's the point in that? Nobody throws a match on purpose but you'll probably never see a team as good as this in your lifetime. Be grateful it just happens to be the one you support and enjoy it. The constant moaning and slagging off is ridiculous, and that's putting it mildly.

Scousers are scum. Some proper pensioner bell ends on every walk. Still think it's 1981. Backward fuckers racially abused my son's mate pre match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.