Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Hard to believe what I witnessed in the first half. Now don't get me wrong a full strength Liverpool team is probably always going to beat an understrength City team but really? We looked beaten as soon as the game kicked off. Terrified, ponderous, gutless.error ridden. Steffan is a liability that for me never gets off the bench unless Ederson is injured or we're playing the equivalent of the Dog and Duck. He is Margetson reborn and was at fault for all three goals.

The second half was fractionally better, let's face it we couldn't be worse, but once again our poor finishing cost us dearly. We dithered for ages in replacing Kompany and we've done the same with revamping our forward line and getting Ferns replacement/Rodri cover. I could probably throw a proper left back into the mix, as decent a fist Cancello is making of it he was brought here for the right hand side.

Two trophies to win but I'm not sure we have what it takes to get over the line. Quite a big squad shake up is needed in the summer to stay competitive and at the top. I feel this squad has peaked, particularly in certain areas. Grealish is an enigma. Will he ever settle and prove a valued member of the team or squad?I have my doubts.

My sympathy goes to the poor sods facing a long journey back from that shambles. The players should have a whip round and reimburse them.

They've now beaten us in 90 mins over three games.

If we both get to the CL final that's an undeniable psychological edge.

Win the league and pray Chelsea or Palace do them in the final and shut the cunts up.
Not sure I agree with this. They beat a weakened outfit by one goal despite 2 bad errors from a backup keeper. They were lucky to draw both league games. We are above them in the league with 7 games to go, I think we have the psychological edge.

Small margins, I get you just think Liverpool will have a natural dip where, imo, we have come through ours, all opinions though, let’s hope you’re wrong (:
I sincerely hope I am wrong too mate but I just think they are having one of them seasons where they will be relentless, a bit like when we won 14 games in a row to pip them. I think we will slip up this time. Law of averages.

Overall, we were very poor today, although we did show a bit more spirit in the 2nd half. I accept that every team needs a 2nd goalkeeper who needs game time, but surely having seen errors before, City need to give this some serious thought. You have to bear in mind that if Ederson gets injured, the 2nd choice has to step in and if this had happened earlier in the season, we may not have been in the same league position as we are now. I hope that today’s victory gives the hateful dippers false hope and that we go on and win the league and possibly CL. Thought that Ake had another good game today. One of only a few.

This season is showing that going into the season without a decent striker was utter madness. Anything we win this season (if anything) will have been won with our hands tied behind our backs.
Only having 2 proper fullbacks aint great either.

I thought after the Peterborough game that Zinchenko looked well off it, understandable given what’s going on in his country
I don’t think we can risk him again this season sadly.
Although might have no other option in the home leg against Real
The sooner we can get Dias up and running the better. Would much prefer to see Ake at left back if needed (or Stones at right back).

Although we did at times look quite leggy the fact is that if Jesus puts away those two one on ones with the keeper we probably win that game. Sterling too could’ve done better with that chance at the end.

Can’t blame Zac, if pep puts a square peg in a round hole he has to take the responsibility.

Just got back from the match. That was a poor first half by 11 who should have done better. As shown in the 2nd half. You can either blame Pep or the players. But why we were playing like we had our pants full of shite beats me.
Pity we didn’t nick extra time. We could have done that. Easily tbh.

Always proud, but the 1st 45 minutes, huge defensive mistakes and again not finishing our chances simply cost us. Liverpool were better but not by much. And we made them look better. Again.

Onwards to try and win the league and CL. That’ll do me tbh.

Weird when you consider we will 3 nil down before half time. But i kind of agree. The 6 in front of them (first half) and the donut in net were tragic

Think Ederson doesnt concede at least 2 of those goals. If not all 3. Looked like the ball may have gone out and curled back in for the header also.

Nearly rescued it but not to be!! Not unexpected with the changes made
Liverpool are one of the most overhyped teams I’ve seen but that’s what is so fucking irritating when you have to constantly listen too how amazing they are. I hope we get a chance in Paris to beat them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.