Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Fuck me, fans are being bastardised for "spoiling" the minute's silence. Imagine paying £200 plus for the pleasure, entering the arena chanting city not knowing there's a minute's silence and then all of a sudden you are given pelters.

Always happens with minute's silences, just put an end to them.
Exactly, I didn't know there was going to be a minutes silence as we made our way to our seats

What an absolutely shit day that was!

Liverpool took it more seriously than we did. We treated it like a friendly and got what we deserved.

The fans… We didn’t bother selling out, even in the blocks that were available to us, there were empties everywhere. Before everyone comes up with their excuses, I know loads of people who just couldn’t be arsed so the excuses won’t wash with me! People within my group couldn’t fill a minibus (when we’re normally turning people away), a local pub that usually runs a coach couldn’t fill a coach, people who sit around me in the ground who pulled their faces about going when I asked them last Sunday, spoke to others in the free coach on the way down yesterday who said the coach they normally go on wasn’t run because there was no interest.
Liverpool fans filled their end and some in our end.

And why the fuck are our fans so averse to getting to our seats early? Fans still filtering in in their hundreds minutes after kick off, while their end was full minutes before.

Not one ounce of atmosphere came from us. Oh apart from the shameful cunts who booed and shouted comments during the Hillsborough moment of silence. Never felt more embarrassed to be a Blue at that moment. Anyone who has a problem with Liverpool and Heysel, bring that up with LFC and the governing bodies and the media in an email or something, don’t go and fucking boo during a moment of respect for people who died you fucking disrespectful thick cunts! We deserve every bit of criticism coming our way for that.
We weren’t arsed in the stands during the game at all. Liverpool fans were well up for it. That was the best atmosphere from them that I’ve heard from any game we’ve been to Wembley (including any of ours). Their whole end stood up, even in the top tier, they were starting songs off in all areas, we just had a load of people who looked like they didn’t want to be there all sat down contributing fuck all. Fucking embarrassing from our fans! We acted like we had absolutely no ounce of belief that a treble was on the cards for us whatsoever.

The amount of our fans who left early was shit n’all. What’s the point in going all that way if you’re not going to stay to the end? As bad as we were, we very nearly took it to extra time… have some fans never learnt anything from being a City fan and the amount of come backs and late goals we’ve scored?

The team… We started like we couldn’t be arsed. Slow ponderous boring as fuck football by a team who - seemingly just like the fanbase - had absolutely no ounce of belief that a treble was on the cards for us whatsoever. Against a team who were well up for it, who responded to their fans, who looked like they believed that an historic quadruple is on the cards for them.
Okay we grew into the game a bit but let’s be honest they took their foot off the gas at 0-3 and had the rest of their season in mind, and they still looked as likely to make it 1-4 or 2-4 at any point we could have made it 2-3 or 3-3.

Why is it, that players who look good when others are around them, shrink like dying flowers anytime de Bruyne Gundogan Dias etc. aren’t on the pitch? I have never seen Sterling step up in the usual leaders’ absence and drive this team on to anything, it’s about time Foden started doing it as he’s experienced enough now, what a game for Grealish to show us that he’s worth picking for the run-in… they, along with others, were all fucking shit!

Is Pep allergic to making subs? Mahrez was his master stroke was it? He’s been stinking the place out over the last few weeks with meek as fuck performances. Get fucking Delap on, try it, it might have worked.

That was one of my least favourite days ever being a blue! Our fans were shit and some were a disgrace to the club. Our players were woeful for the most part. Manager had a poor day. Fucking wank day out, now I’ve fucked off home.

I didn’t go because I couldn’t be arsed.

Sorry for being a plastic part timer, Pep.

What was there to "lol" about?

I suppose someone's been on to tell us we're all big girls blouses and still top of the league?
Only a matter of time until we're all spoit too.
Ignore trajectory, form, confidence, unnecessary tinkering, boosting our rivals confidence and replicating last years drop off towards the CL final etc.

Last edited:
Worst I've seen us in a long time that first half. Scared, tired, I don't know, but now I have to put up with over exited Scouse colleagues all week. They're about as graceful in victory as they are in defeat. Reds are Da best, city will get nuffink, and doing it without buying it, whilst keeping a straight face, all coming my way this week.

If we end up with the premier league and champions league then nobody will care much about yesterday.

I'd be disappointed if city fans intentionally broke the silence as seems to be the spin on the reporting, but I'd rarely trust the media on anything city. As a reminder the CL final is the day before the 37th anniversary of Heysel so should we get there we can show that our behaviour at such occasions is usually exemplary.

Cold light of day. Liverpool fans whistling for the final whistle.

They have an extra game to fit in (league game same weekend as final, away to Southampton) so that will be midweek in the last week of the season. Our postponed game v Wolves should be 10 or 11 May but I think the PL will be trying to put that back till the last week as well (so we'd have 3 games in the last 7 days, Liverpool in last 8).

Rubbish, there was a treble on the line, you do'nt go into any game , let alone a semi final in a major competition beaten before you start.

I love Pep for never making excuses about injuries or the amount of games, so why on Wednesday night did he way we are in serious trouble, very strange comment.

We have won numerous games and titles without KDB, Walker has been MIA since his cluster fuck in Germany, if players are mentally and physically shattered , play some of the younger ones.

What's the excuse for the likes of Grealish, hardly played, yesterday was a game for him to show his worth in terms of ability but more importantly in mentality, he was anonymous like most of his season.
We could have still got a result with the team we played yesterday but defensive errors hammered us, as did the exhaustion from Wednesday night.

We got beat and we have to take it. The lads selected hadn’t played together As a team before and it showed up badly in the first half.

Liverpool made 7 changes against Benfica, rested first team players, and were at home.
City made no changes against Atletico, played the first team in a brushing battle, and were away.
Did anyone think Klopp wasn’t going to play his first team, and Pep wasn’t going to rest 1st team players?
The performance aside, which was poor, many City fans called this defeat.
If we win the title, or the CL, or both, nobody will remember this defeat.
It’s just a shame City have now lost the last 3 FA Cup semi-finals in a row.

We could have still got a result with the team we played yesterday but defensive errors hammered us, as did the exhaustion from Wednesday night.

We got beat and we have to take it. The lads selected hadn’t played together As a team before and it showed up badly in the first half.
"The lads selected hadn’t played together As a team before and it showed up badly in the first half."

STOP IT Please, that's a red cafe like comment.

Do I even bother writing to the club/FA about the Scouse scum who infiltrated the block above us, spat at us and threw stuff, eventually injuring a young girl who left Wembley in tears with a suspected fractured arm? We were in 109. There was about 20 of them above us waving flags, not even subtle.

My instinct tells me it is a thankless task complaining because the scousers are untouchable and trademarked the word ‘victim’.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.