Brighton (H) | Post Match Thread

Name names? how long have you got?

Absolute joke, almost everyone was bottling it. I keep saying it, but if the lack of confidence spills over to the team we could be in trouble. Even now some are saying the players looked nervous in the first half but I didn't think they did at all. We were totally in control and it was just a matter of time before we started the scoring, and it was just a matter of how many we'd get.

Anfield was buzzing last night, tonight our fans looked worried to death, but not the players. Why can't we just enjoy? If we lose we go again next year, hopefully with Haaland and Julian Alvarez.
I agree, the fans were the nervy ones not the players.

It was a typical City game that we're used to seeing, we have the majority of the possession and the opposition sit back and wait for us to break them down and in some games it takes longer than others.
We created some good chances in the first half, Mahrez should've shot instead of delaying and Kev was unlucky with a good shot that just went wide.
It was just a matter of time though and even though the first two goals got deflected, they were what our play deserved and the third goal was a beauty.

A good win and on to the next and we can put some pressure on the dippers if we win on Saturday.

Well played Blues!

We weren't "flat" though, we played OK, and we created good chances and just didn't take them (weren't lucky), and it's frustrating, but we did look like we would score, and once we did, it was only one outcome.
Have to agree, I don't think they had a shot on target and keeper had nothing to do. We were always in control but it's always tricky with 9-10 defenders behind the ball and I thought one or two players weren't as sharp as they could have been, Mahrez in particular. It did have the feel of a training match in the first half, but at this stage of the season that's understandable, and I wouldn't want us to run around at 100mph all night then burn out later with up to 9 more matches still to go to land the 2 biggest pots. I always thought we'd score at some point and then go on to score more.

Easy enough!

Bit of a horror show for Cancelo tonight. Rodri continues to be worrisome at times as well.

Highlights. Outside of the goals its the same "City try to break down a parked bus" game we've seen 200 times.

I'd watch it all, it's a decent game between 2 decent sides, and one of them deserves to win by 5 or 6 ;-) despite what you might read on here.

I'll do both lol

I thought we all looked nervous tonight but that was only because we were playing slow and shite. EVERYONE has still that Saturday disaster in their mind so only natural.
First goal crucial. Once in, became slightly easier. Up the blues

Nowt wrong with the first half apart from missing a goal or 2.
Mahrez should've had 2 or 3.
We didn't panic and carried on in the second and the goals game.

Lots of singing in South Stand first half which was great considering they didn't bring many and were quiet.

Honestly thought Ake was like a fish out of water out wide and involved in the attacks which was basically all of the first half. I thought he must've been substituted for tactical reasons but now some suggesting it may be an injury.
Think he would've been crooked anyway.
Don't know if it's confidence or what but even dilly dallying over a throw in when we needed to keep it going to get a goal.

Centre half yes but he's no full back.

And those saying Bernardo needs a rest ha ha ha, he was fuckin immense, everywhere. That closing down of the keeper first half which basically disrupted their whole move / Time wasting and we won the ball back was brilliant.

KDB, what a performance "it's my ball and fuck you I'm running with it!"

All in all a good night.

Last edited:
I'd watch it all, it's a decent game between 2 decent sides, and one of them deserves to win by 5 or 6 ;-) despite what you might read on here.
Agreed. Does City TV still have the full match replay the following day? I don't get a lot of spare time to watch everything unfortunately, but for £2 a month it's a total no brainer. I'm surprised they don't promote it more.

Hope Akes and Stones injuries aren’t to bad. Saw stones do his in the second half when he stretched for the ball in the corner and looked absolutely like a hamstring pull.

Thought we got better as the game went on. Kev awesome, Bernardo improved with every minute, great to have Ruben back and hopefully the 90 minutes will do gundogan good. Overall a top night but a downer with the injuries.

I have have this weird feeling that Everton might take something.

I never fancied Rags to take anything last night.They really are woeful,never seen such a bad Rag side in my lifetime.

Derbies though are one off games.We know only too well.

Evertonians get the added bonus of fucking up their neighbors Title challenge.As well as a Derby draw/win.
Funnily enough I thought the rags might have got something (until I saw their line up). I was miles off the mark

I think Everton will get smashed so hopefully I’m miles off the mark again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.