United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the mistake that all people who aspire to be leaders make. It's like when politicians say things like "we will make our country carbon neutral by 2050". Great. How?

My old Professor used to have this Sidney Harris cartoon on his wall and I always think about it

d6e754d24aaef324c1595e68583ace7a.png

I feel it describes most of the thinking coming out of United. A black box of progression where they think if they put the right ingredients in, like players or a certain manager, then they'll get the trophies falling out of the machine. But they've no idea what is happening inside so they just keep trying different stuff to see what comes out the other end.

I work for a company that’s doing the same. We will 3X in 5 years….razzmatazz, lots of gusto, now & go & do it & without any acquisitions or capital invested.

‘Fans’ of clubs who don’t actually go are the worst type. Especially Liverpool and United followers. They have to try harder and become tiresome.
Funny how it's always them, and Chelsea, giving it the big one. I've not really had it with City fans (except one lad in my year at school) but then you guys don't seem to attract as many foreign/terminally online fans as those three.

You can't even find OT or Klanfield on a map, guys, shut the fuck up.

Funny how it's always them, and Chelsea, giving it the big one. I've not really had it with City fans (except one lad in my year at school) but then you guys don't seem to attract as many foreign/terminally online fans as those three.

You can't even find OT or Klanfield on a map, guys, shut the fuck up.
A few years ago the resident work rag was always gobbing off. A Norwegian was over for a few days and mentioned he was also a rag. It was agreed they would go to a match, our resident rag, who worked in Trafford Park had to ask us directions to the ground so he could buy the tickets.

It's the mistake that all people who aspire to be leaders make. It's like when politicians say things like "we will make our country carbon neutral by 2050". Great. How?

My old Professor used to have this Sidney Harris cartoon on his wall and I always think about it

I feel it describes most of the thinking coming out of United. A black box of progression where they think if they put the right ingredients in, like players or a certain manager, then they'll get the trophies falling out of the machine. But they've no idea what is happening inside so they just keep trying different stuff to see what comes out the other end.
Excellent cartoon

It is just opaque implementation.

Took Ferguson seven seasons to win the league, and that was when it was more open, so easier to win. No united manager is going to get seven years again, certainly not in the current environment.

Ten Bob will be their sixth manager in nine seasons (excluding the caretakers like Carrick and Giggs). He'll get 3 seasons maximum and that's being very generous. If he doesn't get them CL next season they're in real trouble.

Spot on.
An alternative version of the same principle that some may be familiar with.

1650923338475.png

A few years ago the resident work rag was always gobbing off. A Norwegian was over for a few days and mentioned he was also a rag. It was agreed they would go to a match, our resident rag, who worked in Trafford Park had to ask us directions to the ground so he could buy the tickets.
Wait a minute, a rag works at Trafford Park and doesn't know where OT is? It's not exactly hard to find. Like, if you get the Metrolink from Didsbury to Rochdale you can see it in the distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.