Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Agree, cancelo back will also make a difference. They have to attack and that will leave gaps and I don’t buy into the macmananan BT line that Casemiro will transform them. I think another poster mentioned a one goal lead might weirdly be better than a two goal lead and I kind of agree with the psychology of that. We will play our game, same level of intensity, from the start.

Casemiro didn't help them prevent Chelsea going 3-0 up at the Bernabeu. They have a great spirit clearly to keep fighting back. But so do we, as shown away at PSG and in our performance v Atleti.

Whenever I search for our home page (default bing search) it still shows the result from our previous visit to Bernabeu... or is it now prescient to the forthcoming fixture..?

mcfc.jpg

Attachments

• mcfc.jpg
    mcfc.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 6
I wont be confident come matchday mate don't worry. I'll be behind the sofa!

Agree we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves, but when we had such good chances to go 3-0 up and were then with a 2 goal lead on two further occasions it's hard not to feel a bit gutted. Only because that would have put one foot in the final for us. I get what you say in terms of where we've come from, but the fact is there are very few of that Real Madrid team you look at and feel are better than our players.

They'll be up for it the same way Atletico were. We've experienced worse in that game I'd say, particularly as their capacity is restricted. We've been there and won with a lot of these players which also helps. And ultimately they don't control games, they're not a side that will dominate possession. I we do keep the ball in our usual manner we know we'll create chances. We just need to take them and then slow the game down, because they'll be looking to pick us off just like they did last night.

We were pretty disciplined against Atletico whilst not ever really looking like scoring. We'll need to show a bit more ambition I think to get through.
Agreed 100% mate. Real have as much to worry about facing us as we them. We've just gotta play our natural game, hope injuries don't affect us & keep our fingers crossed Pep doesn't have the brain fart he saved for the final last year.

The main difference between Real & Atletico, was Atletico's ability to hurt us was throttled until the final ¼ of the two ties because of Simeone's safety first approach. Their club President came out the following morning saying we'd reverted to type by playing 1980s football to beat them. The cheeky twat! :-) IIRC Atletico didn't have a shot on target until 145 minutes into the two legs!

Fatigue is the other concerning matter. We HAVE to beat Leeds, & hearing that KDB declined the post match interview because he was too tired & wanted to go home & sleep, & Bernardo telling Foden to speak first in the post match interview for the same reason worries me. By comparison, fate seems to have been a lot kinder to the Dippers.

If we can prevail against Leeds & Real, the playing stress on the squad becomes easier. Fingers & toes crossed, lungs yelled out & all that, but the rest will come down to Pep & the boys when they cross the white chalk. Here's hoping & praying mate!

Last edited:
And we might of conceded a goal in that scenario as opposed to...........

Vini had 4 choices. A sharp cut back to Benzema. A less acute cut back to the on rushing right winger. Cross the ball in between Laporte & Ederson to the on rushing right winger. Or take another touch & shoot.

There were pluses & minuses with all 4. Vinicius chose the latter & scored a quite simply brilliant world class goal mate. Sometimes we've just gotta sit back & admire the absolute quality of the move.

To be honest I'm glad it took a meg, controlled run & a clinical finish like that to undo us, rather than it being a tap in. )(

20220427_182907.jpg

What a privilege to witness an amazing game of football City we’re fantastic not going to criticise any player. A proper game of football played by two attack minded sides. Made the long joinery home more bearable 0-0 in Madrid

I had to drive home after the game due to work commitments and for same reason only just go up in time for the game but very thnakful to have been there on such a special night. Also first time in ages I've made three round trips to the Etihad in a week. Lot of miles and a lot of diesel but such a pleasure to watch this team.

I have not had chance to watch any TV coverage but I'd sum the game up as displaying the best and worst of City: we win 4-3 when we should have won 8-1. The game also demonstrated that we are often unfortunate with key refeeeing decisions; although I need to see the handball incident again as it didn't even register with me at the time.

Agreed 100% mate. Real have as much to worry about facing us as we them. We've just gotta play our natural game, hope injuries don't affect us & keep our fingers crossed Pep doesn't have the brain fart he saved for the final last year.

The main difference between Real & Atletico, was Atletico's ability to hurt us was throttled until the final ¼ of the two ties because of Simeone's safety first approach. Their club President came out the following morning saying we'd reverted to type by playing 1980s football to beat them. The cheeky twat! :-) IIRC Atletico didn't have a shot on target until 145 minutes into the two legs!

Fatigue is the other concerning matter. We HAVE to beat Leeds, & hearing that KDB declined the post match interview because he was too tired & wanted to go home & sleep, & Bernardo telling Foden to speak first in the post match interview for the same reason worries me. By comparison, fate seems to have been a lot kinder to the Dippers.

If we can prevail against Leeds & Real, the playing stress on the squad becomes easier. Fingers & toes crossed, lungs yelled out & all that, but the rest will come down to Pep & the boys when they cross the white chalk. Here's hoping & praying mate!

Fatigue is definitely an issue. And Leeds will likely be another high energy game. That's why keeping the ball better is vital. We can reserve energy a bit more then.

Hopefully we can get the game won before what would be a ten minute onslaught otherwise. The issue we have, that the dippers don't (as well as an easier CL draw) is that I can't see Pep wanting to throw on several subs against Real unless we are out of sight.

That means the likes of Gundogan, Raheem, Grealish need to be firing at their very best against Leeds if they are to come in. Because Bernardo and KDB could do with a rest, even if that's just playing 60 mins instead of 90. Real can play the kids this weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.