Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

I think you are grossly underestimating City mate, we’ve beaten them before at their place and we will beat them again .. A draw isn’t good enough for them and as far as I’m concerned, all the pressure is on them, especially knowing what City can do to them …!
They need to score 2 to go through, we don’t need to score any ..

See that is what scare's me.

Underestimating Manchester city in UEFA main competition against Real Madrid on their own patch ? Hell yeah
the officials will play a major part next week, it's 100% nailed on. Manchester city quality is not in question, we are good enough to beat them home and away ? But that little voice keeps pecking at my head saying we will get turned over by the officials, when they need something they will get it.

If we think UEFA still don't hold a grudged and everything is rosy between us, then we are Underestimating them

See that is what scare's me.

Underestimating Manchester city in UEFA main competition against Real Madrid on their own patch ? Hell yeah
the officials will play a major part next week, it's 100% nailed on. Manchester city quality is not in question, we are good enough to beat them home and away ? But that little voice keeps pecking at my head saying we will get turned over by the officials, when they need something they will get it.

If we think UEFA still don't hold a grudged and everything is rosy between us, then we are Underestimating them
Fuck UEFA my monies on City no matter what the bent cunts try …

What happens to our fans who watch league games on a champions league night, it’s like we are 2 different clubs on nights like last night, its like a mass takeover, yet most of those there last night won’t be seen again, how do they get tickets?
If they were responsible for the atmosphere, they can come again.

With Kevin now playing out of his skin, we need the support acts, and the fringe support acts, to play a dynamic confident game next week that gives him the confidence he won't be let down by a team mate's moment of madness. We don't want Madrid playing like they can target weak spots. We shouldn't have a single weak spot - the range has to be very good to brilliant.

What happens to our fans who watch league games on a champions league night, it’s like we are 2 different clubs on nights like last night, its like a mass takeover, yet most of those there last night won’t be seen again, how do they get tickets?
They are seen in this comp in the early rounds. Hardly any regular ST holders near me last night nor in the early rounds. Fair play I say. If they take up the slack in the early rounds then why not. I actually prefer CL games to playing the likes of Watford, Burnley etc.

What a game that was!! It was one of the best games I've seen at the Etihad without question and how on earth we "only" got 4 is beyond me! The atmosphere from in the build up was superb and everyone seemed a lot more up for it than a normal game and it made for an absolutely fantastic night.

Picking a MOTM was very tricky - KdB was immense, Bernardo never stopped running, Zinchenko had probably his best game for us, Fernandinho is never going to catch Vinicius but did well overall. However, my vote went to Rodri. I've never seen him misplace a pass and he's always available for the ball. His stats must be record breaking as he just moves the ball and gets the team ticking over. He was superb and did a lot of the 'water carrying' of moving the ball from defence to midfield/forwards.

One thing I noticed against Watford and Real is that we seem to be piling into teams straight from the off. Maybe Pep has told them to get the early goal and don't be so patient? Last night Zinchenko (I think) played a long ball downfield and Pep seemed to applaud him - maybe he's asking for the players to look a little longer like Liverpool do? I wouldn't be surprised if Pep has a few tricks up his sleeve for the run in!

I honestly think games like that will end up defining Pep - we had about 10 good chances to score and got 4. They had 3 - maybe 4 with Dias nearly OGing - and got 3 goals. We've seen it plenty of times before and it must frustrate him as this tie should've been over really.

I think Pep needs to have a word with Ederson though. Against Watford I thought he was leaving the passes late and last night he was doing the same. He also put a couple of players straight into trouble and these mistakes are the kind which we need to eradicate. I thought he could've done much better with the Watford goal and seemed to "Bravo" a bit last night with the Vinicius goal.

Overall, a superb night, unbelievable football, great atmosphere and I can't wait for the game next week. I hope it's just as exciting. Give me games like Real rather than the antics of Athletico anyday!

COME ON CITY!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.