Seasoncard Renewals | Slight Price Increase

I always try to bite my tongue on renwel days, as someone will answer my post with "well i didn't mean you" ;)

But i don't have a job, i'm a stay at home mum with an illness that may make me paralysed in a few years (or may not), my only income is child benefit of £80ish a month, and £35 a week child tax credit, i live with my partner who works full time, and we live in a rented home with our little boy. We don't have pay tv, we don't drink, we don't eat out, we have nothing to cut out on.

Yet i am also meant to pay for mum 79 year olds mums season ticket as well (!), as she has no money. So i'm in that rut, that depression, of city have been my life, my life, yet i should give up financially. It's only because we both had to miss games this season through illness so have some ticket exchange money i kept to one side that i can even think of asking my other half to put up a few hundred to help. You'll say i shouldn't be going then - but this is my point about emotional blackmail of long term lifelong fans - muum is 79, if i stop her going now then that's it for mum, she's not in great health, it's out bonding time, our day out. And me, i'm supposed to be living for the moment in case the worst happens. So do i stop going and stay sat at home with 3 woolly hats and a sleeping bag to keep me warm? Or do i keep going, while i can. They say "it'll be on telly", we don't have anything other than freeview, i don't get to watch us on telly. And it's being there, with mum...

So yes, i know, the quoted post wasn't aimed at people like me.

But it does bug me every years when the speech about "prioritise outgoings and stop other hobbies and cut things out" comes up - some people have nothing left to cut out, other than life.

Byebye, off to put my son to bed.
sorry to hear of your illness .
thank you for posting , you've been a big help. silver it is.

All you need to do to understand why the fuckers keep raising prices is read this thread, we've got so many apologists for these tiny increases, I think @jrb mentioned the 11th rise in the last 12 years.

I'm not arsed who plays for us or who manages us I'll be there either way paying my money but to increase prices in such a way, in the current climate, stinks to high heaven of the wankers in charge knowingly taking the piss out of us, to our faces.

Fuck them

An uncle of mine has a season ticket at Old Trafford in a similar position to where I have one at the Etihad. Ten years ago his ticket cost £795 when mine cost £525.

This season mine cost £820 but his still cost £795.

Mine has gone up to £845 for next season, £25 more again. £44.47 per game, not good value when you think the FSF and fans across the country value football tickets at £30 as a reasonable price.

I don’t know why they keep having to out the prices up. People will look at that and think “£25 extra isn’t much”, but it is when people were already on the brink of having to give it up when it went over £700 a few years back and just keep paying out of blind loyalty to the club. With each price increase we lose core fans who are taken over their point of no return, so £25 is very expensive to our support.

Matchday prices are no better. We charge higher prices for kids than anyone outside London. Why?! A seat for a kid in the East Stand for big games at City this season have been £45, at Old Trafford they’re about £25, at Anfield they’re £9!

All this at a time when households are going through financial difficulties at their biggest since the 1970s. Football clubs are so out of touch with their supporters and City are one of the worst for it.

Absolutely bang on mate, no doubt you'll get some idiot coming on in a minute telling you to be grateful because we played Grimsby 25 years ago

You think you have it bad with a £10 - £30 price increase..... I've just realised that if I was sat in the row behind where I currently sit, my ticket would would £105 cheaper

My increase next season, as an FOC in EL304, is £10, from £410 to £420. I am currently in all the cup schemes and a gold member - I ditched the platinum some years ago as a rip-off as I don't go to away matches. As many have said, the price rise, in the current climate, is a kick in the teeth for the average supporter, but, like most addicts, we're hooked.
However, due to medical problems (failing kidneys), I have missed 6 home matches in all competitions this season, including both Madrid home matches - my worst season for attendance for many years.
The good news is that I'm due to start dialysis in the next few months, when I am "assured" that my health will improve dramatically - currently, the walk to and from the ground leaves me exhausted, which is the only reason why I haven't made it.
I may still cancel the cup schemes, as a trip to Wembley is too much these days, but I can watch every match on TV.
I don't want to give up my seasoncard, as I still enjoy the banter with all the friends around me, who I have known for years, some of them for over 50!
Just like any other addiction, it's almost impossible to give up watching the team you love!
.... all the best with your dialysis pal.

I always try to bite my tongue on renwel days, as someone will answer my post with "well i didn't mean you" ;)

But i don't have a job, i'm a stay at home mum with an illness that may make me paralysed in a few years (or may not), my only income is child benefit of £80ish a month, and £35 a week child tax credit, i live with my partner who works full time, and we live in a rented home with our little boy. We don't have pay tv, we don't drink, we don't eat out, we have nothing to cut out on.

Yet i am also meant to pay for mum 79 year olds mums season ticket as well (!), as she has no money. So i'm in that rut, that depression, of city have been my life, my life, yet i should give up financially. It's only because we both had to miss games this season through illness so have some ticket exchange money i kept to one side that i can even think of asking my other half to put up a few hundred to help. You'll say i shouldn't be going then - but this is my point about emotional blackmail of long term lifelong fans - muum is 79, if i stop her going now then that's it for mum, she's not in great health, it's out bonding time, our day out. And me, i'm supposed to be living for the moment in case the worst happens. So do i stop going and stay sat at home with 3 woolly hats and a sleeping bag to keep me warm? Or do i keep going, while i can. They say "it'll be on telly", we don't have anything other than freeview, i don't get to watch us on telly. And it's being there, with mum...

So yes, i know, the quoted post wasn't aimed at people like me.

But it does bug me every years when the speech about "prioritise outgoings and stop other hobbies and cut things out" comes up - some people have nothing left to cut out, other than life.

Byebye, off to put my son to bed.
Would the new "silver season ticket" be an option for you and your mum? ok, you would miss the bigger games (or opt to pay separately for one or two) but you would save some money and still get to at least 14 home games a season.

Absolutely bang on mate, no doubt you'll get some idiot coming on in a minute telling you to be grateful because we played Grimsby 25 years ago
And I’m alright, I can afford it. But it’s not about me. Whether I can afford it or not is neither here nor there, it’s the fact that every price increase sees us lose long standing fans because it takes them over the edge of what they can justify.

Even the fucking Glazers understand this!

It’s why our support gets shitter and shitter all the time.

And when you think this extra £25 each is bringing in a sum total of less than £1m to the club it makes you think “WHAT’S THE FUCKING POINT, CITY?!”

I do wonder why the club bother with these increases though. In the scheme of things it's a drop in the ocean to them. Given the hardships everyone is currently going through, it would have been a good gesture to freeze the prices across the board.
We were told about the increases a couple of weeks ago and my reaction was that, under the current circumstances, it was tone deaf. The club made some justification about their costs increasing but the real reason is that Ferran Soriano will always look to put up prices while we're watching the quality of football we are currently.

That's not a strategy; it's short-term opportunism. It's the action of someone who sees us as formulas on a spreadsheet, not as loyal fans. What happens when the quality isn't as good? I bet we won't get a refund or price decrease. I'd have more respect if he came out and faced the fans to justify his pricing approach but, as usual, he's the Invisible Man.

On the positive side there's a range of price options, particularly if you're not too bothered where you sit. £299 to watch possibly the best team in the world is an absolute steal. Or you can pay £1300 in 93:20 for a padded seat if that's your bag.

We were told about the increases a couple of weeks ago and my reaction was that, under the current circumstances, it was tone deaf. The club made some justification about their costs increasing but the real reason is that Ferran Soriano will always look to put up prices while we're watching the quality of football we are currently.

That's not a strategy; it's short-term opportunism. It's the action of someone who sees us as formulas on a spreadsheet, not as loyal fans. What happens when the quality isn't as good? I bet we won't get a refund or price decrease. I'd have more respect if he came out and faced the fans to justify his pricing approach but, as usual, he's the Invisible Man.

On the positive side there's a range of price options, particularly if you're not too bothered where you sit. £299 to watch possibly the best team in the world is an absolute steal. Or you can pay £1300 in 93:20 for a padded seat if that's your bag.
The number of low price tickets is the key, not how cheap they are.

At Bayern München, there are 12,000 (yes, TWELVE THOUSAND!) value/budget price tickets at about £250.

I’d be amazed if there are more than 2.5% of that number of the Value Gold tickets at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.