Real Madrid (A) CL Semi Final 2nd Leg - Wed 4th May, 20:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the "traditional English support" would do anything just to enter the competition never mind winning the whole thing
Only because it meant that their team was doing well in the PL. Most wouldn't be too bothered if they didn't qualify for the next stage - they'd be more concerned with doing well in the league again.
Exactly how the vast majority of us felt in 1968 when we played in the proper European Cup.

For all the bullshit around the "Champions " league it is ironic that a club that didnt win their league as Champions for over 30 years are then considered the best in the europe/world.
Only in football could a team that shoudlnt even be in a "Champions" league have the opportunity to compete in the competition.
Much preferred the original european cup , only the champions took part , but UEFA are only interested in the money hence the emergence of their over hyped cup. Fully expect UEFA's pet project to be expanded with historical records of certain clubs in the competition guaranteeing a a place in the group stages , its a glamour cup that any half decent team can win if they get enough luck and decisions from officials.
League titles determine the best teams , not cup competitions no matter how fashionable.
I don’t understand the obsession with the name of the competition. They had to give it a name and chose one that sounds good. It’s an European competition of the best teams in the continent trying to fit in clubs from many countries, period. The name of the continental competition here in South America is far more ludicrous, I assure you

I'd be considerably more disappointed if we don't win the PL this year.

The CL is a fraud of a competition created to line the pockets of TV companies and corrupt football administrators.

Winning the CL only makes a club 'bigger' in the eyes of the unscrupulous media.

It was a far more credible competition when Villa and Forest won it.
Obviously its your choice which competition you prefer. The current format of the Champions league is way more credible than the old European Cup for determining the team they call Champions of Europe. Personally think we need to win the CL more than PL but I want both

I don’t understand the obsession with the name of the competition. They had to give it a name and chose one that sounds good. It’s an European competition of the best teams in the continent trying to fit in clubs from many countries, period. The name of the continental competition here in South America is far more ludicrous, I assure you
Exactly my point , the best teams are the Champions

Exactly my point , the best teams are the Champions

The best teams aren’t the champions though are they? The champions of Malta aren’t better than second place in Spain.

Anyway it seems to me his point is you’re an idiot for obsessing with the name, I don’t think you’ve quite grasped it yet.

When they renamed it the Champions League it was only for champions.

So it might have sounded good, but it was also accurate. Not so much now.

Obviously its your choice which competition you prefer. The current format of the Champions league is way more credible than the old European Cup for determining the team they call Champions of Europe. Personally think we need to win the CL more than PL but I want both
Agreed.

If we went back to the days where you met Malmo in the final having beaten AEK Athens and Grasshoppers Zurich I don’t think I’d be impressed.

I don’t want to speak for all City fans as everyone is different but don’t confuse hatred of UEFA with not wanting to win the CL.

The PL is much more popular than the CL on Bluemoon but generally, and in particular Worldwide, I wouldn’t be surprised if the CL was more desired Amongst our fan base.

A lot of little Englanders on BM I think.

If we went back to the days where you met Malmo in the final having beaten AEK Athens and Grasshoppers Zurich I don’t think I’d be impressed.

I don’t want to speak for all City fans as everyone is different but don’t confuse hatred of UEFA with not wanting to win the CL.

The PL is much more popular than the CL on Bluemoon but generally, and in particular Worldwide, I wouldn’t be surprised if the CL was more desired.

A lot of little Englanders on BM I think.
There was team called Bye that used to compete in the early rounds. Tried looking them up but found fck all about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.