Real Madrid (A) CL Semi Final 2nd Leg - Wed 4th May, 20:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't saying anything about preference I didn't even mention the word preference. I hope we win both competitions.

All I said was the best side wins the Premier League. Which sometimes isn't the case in the Champions League, Numerous times over the years the best team in the Champions League didn't win the competition.

In a 38 game period the side who finishes top deserves to lift the title.
Between 1998 and 2018 the "great" Real Madrid won the CL 7 times and yet won the league just once in those 7 campaighns...in fact, 4 times they weren't even top 2 in La Liga...any cup competition is subject to randomness far more than winning over 38 games...there's nothing to debate, especially 38 games in the current Prem...that said, it would be great to bag the CL and Prem together to put in a fair claim to being the best club side in the world...

Who's the fastest option available to us for the RB berth, to mark Vinicius (assuming that Walker isn't fit and/or won't be risked)? Ake? Sure I read somewhere that his injury on saturday wasn't serious. Or Eric, with Dias and Ake in the middle?

Sterling closes down quicker and has more energy , not a slight on Mahrez just different players with different attributes , but my comment is mainly in reference to the tactics , the personnel can change but as Pep has been accused of in the past overthinking it is a definite worry , if we dont fix something that isnt broken then there is only one winner.
Mahrez's 1st touch gazumps Sterling's energy and running. We must see Mahrez starting to keep the ball and increase the pressure.

I wasn't saying anything about preference I didn't even mention the word preference. I hope we win both competitions.

All I said was the best side wins the Premier League. Which sometimes isn't the case in the Champions League, Numerous times over the years the best team in the Champions League didn't win the competition.

In a 38 game period the side who finishes top deserves to lift the title.
I think the most consistent wins the PL. That is what the points show. But best is subjective. That’s my view.
To win the Champions League you need to be the best at it. It’s just a different competition. If you navigate it better than others, then you the best at it. I look at Real Madrid in this, God forbid they beat us, but let’s say they do and win against Liverpool: they will have beat: PSG, Chelsea, us and Liverpool. Can you affirm that they the best team? I don’t know, but that sure as hell is an impressive run nonetheless

Hi blues, me and my mate are in Madrid now and wondering where people are watching the united game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.