Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Nice for us old uns to know that "cityitis" is still here, feared it was gone forever but its 100% still with us
Consolation is not having to play the Scousers in the Final, and probably lose.

We had our chance last season against a not overly good Chelsea and blew it.

Devasted, before the game I mentioned that our three weaknesses were Laporte, Cancelo and Ederson.

We lack so much potency up front, Madrid didnt play well the whole game but neither did we.

When Mahrez scored I thought we were through I really did. Then around 85 mins Cancelo crosses into the box to NO ONE!!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing, this guy is an actual bonehead! Then he loses Benzema and Ederson what was he doing!!!!!! How did he not claim that cross or smother Rodrygo!!!!!

At that point I turned the TV off because it was unbearable I couldn't stomach losing after being 4mins away fron victory. I went out for fresh air came back and it was 3-1!!!!!
Apparently Laporte was at fault for two goals??? I haven't seen it back.

Something spiritual had to be at play here, this was too unbelievable.

Really Madrid will win this trophy.

They won’t. Madrid are there for the taking, Benzema and Vinicius are there two best players. Liverpool will win due to their attack I hate hate to say it but Diaz, Mane and Salah will destroy that Madrid defence. That’s the difference between us and the dippers, they have an attack that scores for fun , our attack needs 4 to 5 opportunities to score we lack natural finishers.

Defenders absolutely bottled it. You can only put the blame of this on them. Two penalties and not being able to cope with one or two attacks simply isn't good enough.

When we play teams they seem to be able to absorb 15 attempts at goal. Ours can't handle 2 or 3. It's simply not good enough. Weak, lack of discipline and clearly incapable of performing when the really big moments matter.

We scored 5 goals. Attackers done their job for our defensive players to simply implode. Year after year we see the same thing in this competition. I can't describe why, domestically were untouchable, but in this competition they play like the woman's team.

We absolutely hammered them over those two legs and handed it away with an inability to see the game out. Little fouls, going down and keeping the ball, the things they done, we never seem capable of doing.

We have to blow the opposition away or have to play 12 men. Every year we are out because of dodgy ref decisions
No, we are out because we are defensively fragile - the ref was poor, but if we manage the last 10 minutes properly we never get to Benzema's penalty.

And what’s this shite that’s happening in a few games recently coming out second half and either conceding or just getting away with it,seems to be happening more and more half asleep starting second half ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.