Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Shell shocked and disappointed.

Walker was superb and never recovered defensively when he had to go off.

All ifs and maybe, but over two legs we conceded some poor goals. To concede 6 is madness.

We seem to have a big issue with player fitness in the latter stages of the season. It cost us last year and again this. If Walker, Stones and Dias has been on top form going into this game we would not have lost.
I'm not sure what the answer is but playing our strongest team in FA cup matches only to play a patched up team in the semi-final seems a bit daft.
Our youngsters have been a bit unlucky with injuries this year - Palmer and Delap could have made bigger contributions if not spending long periods crocked.
I do think we are maybe pinning too many hopes on signing Haaland - yes he looks a great player but cannot play every game and he might not come. I have hopes for Alvarez but maybe he will need time to settle and not offer much in the first half of the season.
Remember when we had Kun, Mario, Edin and Tevez - seems a long time ago!

I agree it wasn't about losing it in the first leg, but I don't believe we bottled it either. They got lucky, their 2nd goal was a total fluke. It happens. A lot of people talk about not putting chances away, but they didn't have a shot on target for 90- minutes. EVERY team misses chances, and it wasn't one of those games that looked like we needed to se it out. They scabbed it, simple as.
For me this is where the problem lies i.e. each time they got a shot on target they scored! We may not have a striker, but we are scoring goals. If you can’t defend though then you are going to get picked up by the best times and that’s what’s happened tonight.

i don’t think you can level tonight’s performance solely at the ref… yes he made some really odd decisions but the simple fact if we played for time and killed the game at 1-0 then the match is won
I agree, we messed it up in the 90. I’m not an agendarist, but there was no way we were getting back into it with the way he managed it. Also thought his running lines were a bit strange.

strange because diving quickly was one of his best habilities , i dont know what happened to him with that , seems more slow and holding more is position..
My lad plays in the position and I always say be brave, take a kick to the face, get the foul and save a goal. Its what your supposed to do. Ederson is too slow at claiming that ball.

Massively the better team first leg. Better team tonight without being at our best. Never felt so low - worse than the relegations.
Really? Come on fella. Being relegated was fucking horrific! Losing a CL semi final to one of the best teams ever? We’ll return keep the faith

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.