Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Perhaps I was lucky and didnt see the match or the matchday thread until extra time due to a migraine.

The matchday thread was embarrassing its amazing we are top of the league, semifinals of the CL with so many shit players.

As I didn't see the match perhaps it's easier for me to take

Up bright and early, today is the start of the rest of my life, maybe I've had more problems to deal with in my life than some, but I always find I can move on quickly from a city defeat,
Im usually alright about a defeat by the time the excitement for the next game comes.

Last season didn’t seem real with no fans being there and even the CL final, which had a few fans, felt like it didn’t mean much. I was over the CL final defeat by the Monday morning, but this feels huge to me this year!

But we’ve got a Premier League title to win so we’ve got to get behind the team more than the Madrid semi on Sunday, they’re going to need us!

A good win on Sunday and I’ll feel good again.

History is written by the victors. That is why history often carries a level of falsehood. History will record that Real Madrid went through last night.
What my eyes told me — and sorry, I'm not going to deny the evidence of my eyes — is that, over 180 minutes of normal time, City were the better team. In flashes, Real were better than us, and they reacted brilliantly. What I particularly noticed last night is how, even when they went a goal down, and so 2-0 on aggregate, they didn't lose their football. They continued to believe, they continued to play. Maybe that's experience, maybe that's the weight of having won this competition thirteen times. O.k. I'll concede that.
By contrast, during extra time, our football fell to pieces. We resorted to hoofball, and I was astonished to see it. I've very rarely seen that under Pep. We were no longer a team, but eleven players running round like headless chickens. We did not threaten them.
So be it. We still have lessons to learn, for sure.There are no consolations to be had for the way we went out last night. None. Slept really badly. Kept waking up in the night and remembering.

By the way, I'll state my conviction clearly: anybody saying that Pep needs sacking is working for the opposition, and opposition fans. They may be stating a sincere opinion — who knows, when you're absolutely tanked up with ten pints inside you any opinion is possible — but that is what they are doing. Fans of the big European clubs, fans of United and Liverpool, would love it if Pep were sacked. It would be a birthday present and Christmas present rolled into one. Liverpool F.C. won no trophies last season. Were people on RAWK calling for Klopp to be sacked? I don't chose to go on RAWK, which is the cesspit of football forums as far as I'm concerned, but I'd be kind of astonished. Or if they were, they were probably City fans or United fans who'd infiltrated that forum.
Really good post. I was stunned that our play went to shit and we started twatting it anywhere. Even Laporte forward at one stage.

I always think back to Southampton at home when Sterling scored. Sometimes during Pep’s time here, we’ve all cried out for a plan B but the beauty of it has been that we keep doing what we do and most times, the opposition crumble.

Injury and extra time last night looked like a Hughes team or Pellegrini’s in his final season.

good to see you’re a half glass empty kind or person. Me also.. I think we have laid the blueprint for the unthinkable here.
Don’t want to be but the lack of striker has finally caught up with us . We are the best team in the world by far but we have a championship finishing group . Next season will be different if we get haaland and that’s a big if .

Teams win league titles but individuals win the champions league.

I think that's very sharp. And I think that, since Sergio's demise (and that goes back a few years, if we're being honest, what with injuries), we have had a wonderful team, but no single player who takes the game by scruff of the neck when everybody else has clearly run out of ideas. A player who gives you something out of nothing, right against the run of play. 93:20 was the classic example, but in truth there were many 93:20s in his time with us. We have not had that player.
I also believe that Haaland will be that player. If we are in fact getting him. This may seem perverse, but the worst news this spring would not be not going to Paris at the end of the month. Or even not winning the league. That would hurt — like fuck — but it wouldn't be as devastating, to me, as not getting Erling Haaland.
Get this over the line, Mr Begiristain.

Don’t want to be but the lack of striker has finally caught up with us . We are the best team in the world by far but we have a championship finishing group . Next season will be different if we get haaland and that’s a big if .
But all of our chances aren’t going to fall to him.

Many… maybe even most… of our chances will still fall to our group of poor finishers.

It's ironic that it's almost 10 years to the day since the Agueroooo moment. The incredible events of last night feel a bit like that - only in reverse.

With one big difference though: the joy created by the Agueroooo moment was far, far greater - and longer- lasting - than the acute, short-term disappointment caused by last night.

Perspective is important, we will get over it.

Of course, but the fact remains that even without a striker for two seasons we could do back to back titles and, despite Liverpool's forward options, we may end up outscoring them again.

Everything else is just how much a striker could win us the Champs League?

We had one of the worlds greatest for ten years and couldn't manage it.

When it's our time...

We had a striker last season & he did quite well.

I don't really know why anybody would use "potentially" out scoring Liverpool as a positive after exiting the champions league. The reason we need a striker is because we EXITED the champions league.

Also last season was our time & Pep dropped a clanger of a selection in the final.

Championship finishing group? - we’ve scored 84 Premier League goals man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.