Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no idea how long it'll take to win the CL, but I don't think it'll be healthy for us to put ourselves under unnecessary pressure over it. It'll happen when it happens mate.

It took Chelsea 11 years after Abramovic bought the club to win the CL. In recent times the Dippers have had more success in the CL than the PL. ManUre went 30 years between winning their first to their second & then another 10 to win their third, so we've no god given right to win any time soon. Time is on our side & every year we'll build toward it.

There's also another often overlooked scenario. Between 2012- 2017/18, we were neutered in the transfer market by FFP sanctions. None of the other clubs ever suffered the same hinderance as we did, so taking out that 5-6 years of FFP stagnation means we've actually only had 8-9 years of Sheikh Mansour's City operating normally.

Taking into account we didn't achieve CL qualification until 2011/12, that means we've only actually had 5 CL seasons under Sheikh Mansour's ownership where we've qualified for the CL & not had to compete under sanction.

When you look at it like that, our record in this most difficult of knockout competitions isn't that bad. We'll get there one day mate... )(
I love your optimism.

I've no idea how long it'll take to win the CL, but I don't think it'll be healthy for us to put ourselves under unnecessary pressure over it. It'll happen when it happens mate.

It took Chelsea 11 years after Abramovic bought the club to win the CL. In recent times the Dippers have had more success in the CL than the PL. ManUre went 30 years between winning their first to their second & then another 10 to win their third, so we've no god given right to win any time soon. Time is on our side & every year we'll build toward it.

There's also another often overlooked scenario. Between 2012- 2017/18, we were neutered in the transfer market by FFP sanctions. None of the other clubs ever suffered the same hinderance as we did, so taking out that 5-6 years of FFP stagnation means we've actually only had 8-9 years of Sheikh Mansour's City operating normally.

Taking into account we didn't achieve CL qualification until 2011/12, that means we've only actually had 5 CL seasons under Sheikh Mansour's ownership where we've qualified for the CL & not had to compete under sanction.

When you look at it like that, our record in this most difficult of knockout competitions isn't that bad. We'll get there one day mate... )(

Can you hook me up with some of your Prozac mate?

Fwiw - and let's face it, we all need a pick me up following last night, but was told in Madrid Haaland is already done.

I'm not ITK by any stretch, but had a chat and a few beers with the dad of one of our players (who played last night).. and it's confirmed.

I know it won't be news to anyone given the existing media circus.. but to hear it from someone directly involved with the club was magnificent. Well aboard the Erling train now - #choochoo
How was Kev?
He loves to talk, does Kev, let’s everyone know who he is. But don’t think too much into what he says, I’m not calling him a bullshitter, but he does have form for storytelling!

Yes, we do need to win it, it's the proverbial monkey on our back and the longer it takes to win it , the harder it will become.

IF Pep does not win it with us, it will take the shine off what he has achieved here, one positive in all of this is to me he will stick around until he has achieved it.
Whilst I understand your reasoning, thats not how the CL works.

You need some luck to win the CL. Hopefully we get some soon.

We deserved to beat RM on Wednesday. We deserved to beat Spurs that season. They got the luck they needed to go through.

We’re not worse than those teams.

We don’t “bottle” games.

Madrid overloaded the box late on and got lucky. It happens 1% of the time.

We discussed it. It’s an overreaction from 1) us losing to Madrid and 2) a report on Le Parisien that has been officially denied claiming Mbappe had agreed a new contract with PSG. So the usual mindset that they would turn to Haaland if Mbappe stayed at PSG emerged. I’m amazed so many people pay attention to odds like they mean anything.
Lots of words with no substance.

Odds change because of the money put on.

If I put a billion pounds on Alan Pardew being the next Liverpool manager, his odds much shorter than they should be.

Whilst I understand your reasoning, thats not how the CL works.

You need some luck to win the CL. Hopefully we get some soon.

We deserved to beat RM on Wednesday. We deserved to beat Spurs that season. They got the luck they needed to go through.

We’re not worse than those teams.

We don’t “bottle” games.

Madrid overloaded the box late on and got lucky. It happens 1% of the time.
One of the greatest assets Pep has put into this team is the ability to kill a game and to take away the thing that made this club serial losers, the though of fans and players alike, even if we were 3 up in injury time, there was the fear we would throw it away.

Yes luck is needed to win any knock out competition, but we blew it on Wednesday, just like we blew the final last season. The team that lost to Chelsea that night was not the team we watched with pride the rest of the season.

As said, this competition is becoming our monkey.

Haaland surely knows how Real Madrid and their fans treats their Legends, if they are no longer usefull they will discard them just like any other regardless on what they have done for their Club.

Here he will be treated like a King, a borderline God if he breaks UCL curse with us.

Breaking typical City moment in UCL takes a very special someone, someone like Haaland.
Unless he misses a sitter as we go out of the CL.

Or gains a reputation as a party boy. Etc

One of the greatest assets Pep has put into this team is the ability to kill a game and to take away the thing that made this club serial losers, the though of fans and players alike, even if we were 3 up in injury time, there was the fear we would throw it away.

Yes luck is needed to win any knock out competition, but we blew it on Wednesday, just like we blew the final last season. The team that lost to Chelsea that night was not the team we watched with pride the rest of the season.

As said, this competition is becoming our monkey.
So, in conclusion, Pep has the ability to kill a game unless his team doesn’t do so.

Thanks Geoff, back to the studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.