Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

I am sick and tired of hearing from the media, that we collapsed in this game. Rubbish. Our only mistake on the night, when Madrid decided to play like Burnley, and do nothing but lump balls into the box, is, we failed to stop the crosses at source and maybe we could have made rhe game, more stop, start. We played a beautifully controlled game, culminating in a very good goal. They threw on all of their subs and could still only break us down with crosses.
We have a fantastic team and manager.
We absolutely, 100% collapsed. If that's all they're calling it then we are doing alright. I know people like to blame refs, and Uefa and the media for stuff, but the entire thing is on us from Wednesday.

We absolutely, 100% collapsed. If that's all they're calling it then we are doing alright. I know people like to blame refs, and Uefa and the media for stuff, but the entire thing is on us from Wednesday.
Yes we did collapse for the final minute which basically knocked us out, bower there was luck involved to. Grealish efforts one of them go in then they collapse. The foul Foden gave away getting hacked down by two players would have given us a free kick. The non bookings in the first half. Enabled madrid to make the subs they did. I m still in shock we lost a game that was won. But that is football.

Yes we did collapse for the final minute which basically knocked us out, bower there was luck involved to. Grealish efforts one of them go in then they collapse. The foul Foden gave away getting hacked down by two players would have given us a free kick. The non bookings in the first half. Enabled madrid to make the subs they did. I m still in shock we lost a game that was won. But that is football.
Bang on. No excuse for giving away 3 in 5 minutes but a non bent ref has Casimero off in first half, doesn't play 6 minutes extra when we're winning and then 2 and a bit when we're losing. As for the Foden foul, pure bentness

I must have read a hundred variations on this theme tonight alone. What the hell is wrong with everybody? This was nothing to do with learning lessons, great/poor coaching or not finishing, they got lucky. Courtois made a fantastic save from Grealish, one of several on the night while another defender saved one on the line. Meanwhile they did nothing of note all night and got one back at the death then got a lucky deflection with the second. Unless you're talking about programming robots to do an exact thing every time, this has been the case with football since day one. "You need a bit of luck...." - it's one of the most repeated phrases in football and for a reason. They scabbed it, nothing more, nothing less.

Football is not an exact science and the minute people realise that we might get somewhere. If it was, the team that cracked it would win every match and every trophy every year. Pep did nothing wrong, Grealish did nothing wrong, and under the circumstances in a difficult arena against serial winners, nobody else did. They didn't have a shot on target until the 90th minute FFS! Get real! 99 times out of 100 we win that, just now and again the gods shine on the other team and they get the bit of luck that's needed. Even their fans weren't expecting it, they were leaving. If this were the norm they wouldn't have been because they would have expected it.

People talk about Mbappe but if the chips are down he goes AWOL. PSG haven't won it. You could change all 11 players and play the best game you've ever played and still lose. That's why the league title is hardest to win, you have to do it over 38 matches, not half a dozen. RM don't have any great competition in La Liga at the moment that's why they won the league by 15 points. We were the better team throughout, there's no way over 180 minutes they deserved anything from that tie over the 2 matches, and most times in the same circumstances that's exactly what they'd get.

The only other thing I would add is a decent referee would have seen them down to 10 men in the first half, and then you have a different match. Or Walker wouldn't have got injured. Or Courtois wouldn't have had one of his best games. These are the things that make a difference, it's about fine margins, not Pep, Grealish or whoever else you people want to blame this week. I know we're all upset but don't do the team a dis-service, they don't deserve that. This is a team that given us more than we could have ever dreamed of back in '99 when we were scrapping in the play off final to get out of the 3rd division, and the way it happened last night makes it seem 100 times worse, but you couldn't swap this period in our history for anything. Enjoy it while it lasts, if you're waiting for us to get the perfect team and clean up every season you're going to be very disappointed.
Great Post. I agree with every word

Perhaps somebody more tech savvy than me could compile a montage of the unpunished fouls on Foden by both Atletico and Real Madrid players, plus the "Sandwich" foul that was awarded against him, despite being flattened by two opponents.
Then add the two soft yellows that resulted in Foden being sent off against Atalanta (despite City leading 5-1 at the time) to the backdrop of the commentators; "Harsh, but technically the right decision"

Yes, we made defensive mistakes, and have should have won the First Leg easier, but Christ it would have been a lot easier against 10 men

Bang on. No excuse for giving away 3 in 5 minutes but a non bent ref has Casimero off in first half, doesn't play 6 minutes extra when we're winning and then 2 and a bit when we're losing. As for the Foden foul, pure bentness
Worst thing is.
in thirty years time when it all comes out. They will strip Real of the title and give it to Liverpool.

i better warn the grandkids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.