Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Not having all this bollocks about RM's mentality. They believed it was a miracle to be in the tie after the first leg. Tonight they just hoped for the best for two minutes (no method) and got lucky with the deflection.

I don’t think Pep will look back on tonight’s performance and single out the defending.

For me, the defining moments of the game was not killing the tie off after the Mahrez goal. We were on top and had at least 3/4 decent opportunities to do so. A second goal negates any potential comeback.

The second big issue was our game management after conceding the first goal. It was a carbon copy of the goal Liverpool scored 40 seconds into the second half in our last PL meeting with them. We have possession from kick off, Eddy kicks it straight to their keeper and they go up the other end and score. I’m fact they almost scored immediately after kicking off in the second half. There definitely seems to be a concentration issue of some sorts.

In situations like that you have to take the sting out of the game. Make a soft foul away from the danger zone or fake an injury for a half a minute. You do anything to disrupt the rhythm.

i

course it was mate we were comfortable then makes stupid subs, which he doesn’t make in league when we need subs he doesn’t make them then tonight we were fine but starts fucking about!!!!
Which stupid substitutions?

Walker had to go off so he brings on Zinchenko and switches Cancelo to the right.

Fernandinho comes on to shore things up and then Rodri makes way.

De Bruyne was shite so he brings on Gundogan and we instantly score.

i

course it was mate we were comfortable then makes stupid subs, which he doesn’t make in league when we need subs he doesn’t make them then tonight we were fine but starts fucking about!!!!
So we concede after he made the subs and that automatically makes it his fault?

What if we conceded before he made those subs? I suppose it would still be his fault for not making those subs?

We are a team stuffed full of internationals, they should be capable of managing a game. It is the players on the field not Pep.
Why do you all think it's that simple? Half the clubs in Europe are stuffed full of internationals, only one wins the CL.

People forget too easily what we have won and the records we've broken in the past decade or so. In that time only 5 teams have won the CL.

I disagree about Ake though, he is good, and an international. We just haven't seen much of him. Zinchenko has been forced into his role which isn't his natural position.
I like Ake very much, but at the highest level he's just a couple of inches too small. 6'3" guys have five inches on him

bollocks. what did schmeichel do for utd? they had a decent team but still pulled them out of the shit with one on ones and could pass a ball and throw it. neyuer similar.
ive no idea who the answer is as im not a scout but i guarantee there a far better keepers out here who can pass a ball but actualy save a couple of shots aswell
It seems strange why we haven't been banging on about this before. Love eddy he really really tries for us...and tbf as a fan that goes a long way...but to really win stuff...just need next level man in nets

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.