Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of words with no substance.

Odds change because of the money put on.

If I put a billion pounds on Alan Pardew being the next Liverpool manager, his odds much shorter than they should be.
It’s not even like there is somebody doing it manually. The system will adjust based on set exposure levels and tolerances

if it makes everybody happy we could all put £2 on and make it move the other way in the space of this conversation

Someone has briefed the Italian journalists.

One guy sees something on twitter, and repeats it to stay relevant. Doesn't check it, doesn't change it much. Another rushes to do the same, and a more mainstream paper quickly jumps on it too while it is current. That doesn't have to be a briefing. The original guy then says everyone is saying the same, he got it first.

He could well be a total chancer, guessing, for what in this case appears to be for the 3rd time in a row in less than 2 months. One day he might time his guess right.

Twitter echoing itself doesn't have to be a briefing.

If even half of these guys are right when they break the breaking news, Haaland has agreed terms with City 15 times over since february. And they say Pep tinkers!

Whether we like it or not winning the champions league will take us to the next step of being one of the elites of world football . If if it was me it would be the premier league all day long bug the sheik wilk want the big one . We all say that the premier league is the one but at the top they want the champions league and this would have been relayed to pep .
"We want to win the Champions League, of course. But when they called me they did not tell me we had to win the Champions League. Not even the Premier League.

"They said they wanted to be competitors in all the competitions until the end, to be a team that for our fans is nice to watch and wins as many games as we can in all competitions. That is why they knocked on my door to come here. And we did it.
" (Pep's words)

Why do people keep insisting that they know what the owner wants? Would the club like to win it? Of course but to keep insisting that he has to or else is just bollocks.

"We want to win the Champions League, of course. But when they called me they did not tell me we had to win the Champions League. Not even the Premier League.

"They said they wanted to be competitors in all the competitions until the end, to be a team that for our fans is nice to watch and wins as many games as we can in all competitions. That is why they knocked on my door to come here. And we did it.
" (Pep's words)

Why do people keep insisting that they know what the owner wants? Would the club like to win it? Of course but to keep insisting that he has to or else is just bollocks.

Yeah although it is bullshit. Have they fuck said that. When we won 'just' the league cup and came second in the league, competed in the CL and FAcup till the semis so almost the end, Khaldoon firmly said it wasnt enough and the expectation was higher. When we won the league and league cup, he said the club was pleased but wanted and would see improvement in the CL. At the very least, the 5 trophies in 5 years when they hired Pellers is the minimum benchmark (Which Pep obviously smashes btw) and not just competing for trophies. We are not arsenal or spurs, or now utd.

I get what Pep is doing, he is defusing it, and taking the imploed pressure off, and it is probably the right thing to do at this point. But it is bollocks and he knows it.

Yeah although it is bullshit. Have they fuck said that. When we won 'just' the league cup and came second in the league, competed in the CL and FAcup till the semis so almost the end, Khaldoon firmly said it wasnt enough and the expectation was higher. When we won the league and league cup, he said the club was pleased but wanted and would see improvement in the CL. At the very least, the 5 trophies in 5 years when they hired Pellers is the minimum benchmark (Which Pep obviously smashes btw) and not just competing for trophies. We are not arsenal or spurs, or now utd.

I get what Pep is doing, he is defusing it, and taking the imploed pressure off, and it is probably the right thing to do at this point. But it is bollocks and he knows it.
But we have improved in the CL and compete in all competitions which is exactly what he said. So, not bullshit at all?

But we have improved in the CL and compete in all competitions which is exactly what he said. So, not bullshit at all?

Of course we have. The suggestion that the owners don't expect any trophy won but mere competing for any is food enough and what is expected, is what is balls though.

Edit, we are talking cross purposes a bit. The questuon was on winning the CL, and i agree fully, the perception he has to win it is just that, a perception.

He kinda confused matters by applying that to the PL and all other trophies, which is what i am calling bullshit. We know the expectation is to win trophies, not just compete, they have said this publicly many many times. Even before Pep.

We outplayed Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid in 4 games, in fact we played both of the park, if you had said that a couple of years ago people would have laughed.

We have a magnificent side, one if not the best in Europe and the scary thing is we could be a lot better, the addition of Haaland, a LB and some fresh legs in CM and we improve considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.