Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me rephrase, then: I don't want to see it. The thought of him attempting a Hollywood pass from a precarious position, fucking it up, then jogging back to his deeper midfield place as we get hit with yet another counter is already giving me trauma and we've not even got an original Gaughan tweet on the issue yet.

Pep will sort him out best manager ever can do these things.

This thread isn't quite at the madness of "the night ronaldo was signing"...but you can definitely identify the people who watch football to the people who don't so it's not all completely worthless.
Ronaldo would of been a great signing for city. Just look how many goals he’s scored at a shit Utd. I also believe the league would already be over & we would be in champs final if we signed him.

But we don’t have any at the moment…

Besides I find it very hard to believe that the toxic cultures at Everton and United are not due to their completely awful management and simply bad squads.
Whilst we have a competitive spirt in the squad we don't have too much ego which is not necessarily a bad thing. Ego got the better of us in the Real Madrid game. We went for more goals instead of seeing out the game.

If there's one manager in football to get the best out of Pogba it's Pep. If he does get the best out of Pogba then we would've got a 100 million pound player for free.

Feels weird suggesting Pep might move from 4-3-3 but I think it might be about time. The Watford game was perhaps a test and it worked pretty well, was one of our most open games and if Jesus is scoring 4 then something must have gone right. I think Bernardo might just be too small to play the DM role as winning headers is important, but other than that he has all the attributes. Love it when he plays deeper against Liverpool, he’s ace at bringing the ball out.

We don't really play 4-3-3 at the moment. It shifts from game to game but very often the the real shape of the team is more akin to 4-2-4 when supposedly use a false 9. The shape at Leeds was 2-4-4.

Our full backs often play in midfield or as a third CB. KDB often lines up like a second central striker.

Sure we may take the field with what looks like four defenders, three midfielders and three forwards but the average positions usually end up in a pretty clear formation that is not 4-3-3. How much that is by design and something Pep put up on a chalkboard before the game is another matter. What is certain that Pep can and does flex things around a core shape and philosophy.

I am sure next season, the shape will shift if we sign Haaland, along with Alvarez and whoever else.

To what benefit? For whose benefit? Seems a very strange move.
We keep tight lipped about Haaland from Germany, and blab about a player in the same postcode?
As Tolmie said before it's a good way for City and Pogba to gauge the reaction from fans of United and City before potentially going ahead with the signing.

From what I've seen so far City fans are split but not fuming at the idea, just apprehensive and United fans seem to be putting a brave face on saying "I hope he goes there, he's rubbish" type thing so it's probably going as they'd have hoped!

Pep will sort him out best manager ever can do these things.
Maybe, but he's not a young lad and at some point the spots will have settled into the leopard.

He's a fantastically talented player, but I just don't see him as part of the hard-working winning-machine we are building at City. I would take Frenkie De Jong for £65m over Pogba on a free every day of the week and twice on the match-days when Paul can't be arsed and just plays for the highlights reel while giving away possession every other time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.