Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Okay I’ll play. I have stated on other threads that whilst I think Pep is a fantastic coach, I have never really bought into him personally like Roberto. That press conference changed my thinking. I was blown away, as were our rival fans. He was humble, and he wore his heart on his sleeve. He stated the CL was not a condition placed on him by the club, just to compete well in all trophies. He’s far from desperate to win it. To your point about him not carrying on. His press conference showed the passion of the man. He was basically saying he loves this club and wants to carry on. Pep is going nowhere. I agree that we need more than Haaland but so does Pep. As I said I was not bought into Pep and his passion, but yesterday he was amazing. No throwing his players under the bus, but great comments like they needed to think about it. After that press conference I was like where’s my boots, you would run through brick walls for him after his comments. His heart was laid bear on his sleeve. Any player that does not turn up tomorrow after Pep’s comments I don’t want at our club next season.
I agree 100%.

It's our succession policy that worries me most.

Never mind Kompany, Aguero, Fernandinho, Yaya not being adequately replaced when they left... the problem is, how on earth does anyone follow Pep Guardiola?

I agree 100%.

Never mind Kompany, Aguero, Fernandinho, Yaya not being adequately replaced when they left... the problem is, how on earth does anyone follow Pep Guardiola?
That is going to be very hard as we all know. I think Pep will also have a say on his successor.

how on earth does anyone follow Pep Guardiola?

you can't, when Pep goes it will be the end of an era, any attempt to emulate him will result in failure, we will need a whole new direction as a club, with a strong manager given time to establish his own identity.

Unfortunately its a common problem as dynasties fall, look at the romans :) Oh and a bit closer to home, the Rags post red nose

you can't, when Pep goes it will be the end of an era, any attempt to emulate him will result in failure, we will need a whole new direction as a club, with a strong manager given time to establish his own identity.

Unfortunately its a common problem as dynasties fall, look at the romans :) Oh and a bit closer to home, the Rags post red nose
We aren’t entitled to success, there’s going to be a decline when Pep leaves, same goes at Liverpool when Klopp goes. Fortunately for us our owners will continue to back who ever is in charge.

No, you're right, we're not eliminated cos we didn't play into a corner.

We're eliminated cos Real Madrid had a player on the pitch that shouldn't have been.

We're eliminated through Rodrigo miraculously heading a deflected ball into the top corner, he couldn't do in 500 attempts again, if he tried.

We're eliminated through the scraping a ball off the line from Grealish and we're eliminated by the minutest of touches off the studs of Courtois. But, also by an error in judgement for an unnecessary challenge from Dias.

Cheating and margins.

Nothing to do with motivation.
No, you're right, we're not eliminated cos we didn't play into a corner.

We're eliminated cos Real Madrid had a player on the pitch that shouldn't have been.

We're eliminated through Rodrigo miraculously heading a deflected ball into the top corner, he couldn't do in 500 attempts again, if he tried.

We're eliminated through the scraping a ball off the line from Grealish and we're eliminated by the minutest of touches off the studs of Courtois. But, also by an error in judgement for an unnecessary challenge from Dias.

Cheating and margins.

Nothing to do with motivation.
Cheating and margins?

Bloody hell :-). nevermind sunshine.

Indeed.

Foden is not even 22 until the end of this month and there was nobody else in his age range of EDS good enough for City. So the next lot of potentially good enough are too young to be getting all that many minutes yet.

Although, even with a three month injury lay-off, Palmer’s minutes have gone from 98mins in 2020-21 to 413mins in 2021-22. He’s still not solely a first team player yet neither. And there will be more on the way.

If we can have three local lads in the first team regularly at any point, we’ll be doing well with the quality of team we are.
I wish we would slip the odd player in when needs must though.
plenty of games we couldve played the EDS right or left back when teams park the bus.
i understand its not so easy with attacking players but opportunities there to give lads experience in other departments

maybe then We wouldnt need to play 37 year old DMs at RB

I agree 100%.

in a word...Conte

Steve Lomax, he took the ball into the corner whilst drawing with Liverpool at home. The thing is we needed a win to stay up. It would have been funny if it was anybody else but us. As it was, it was fucking depressing. We went down. It was in the late 90s
They were almost letting us win / draw that day as well..they were jogging about..during that era we regularly got absolutely battered by 'pool ...even at home.. easy points next season for the dippers they thought. Kicked off City on City in platt lane that day ..well a few aled up lads in front of me who just couldn't take it anymore...especially that Lomas fuck up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.