Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starts sneering and gets abusive if you challenge him though. He's one person who should step away from his keyboard when things get a bit heated.
Oh I know, been there & done it,usually he gets to the place after trying to defend his comments where he says "I meant xyz" and then he's told for a professional writer he should be able to get his point across clearly and then stops replying.

I picked up a copy in Spoons some time ago. The way they tracked down even local press was impressive and I thought that’s what we should do.
It is a very cheap and effective way of getting your message out and correcting false narratives. A very clever idea from Wetherspoons, probably more effective than legal action. They probably had to send some legal letters out to force the press into publishing corrections. But on isssues of fact the press are bound to provide a correction under their publishing code and they usually bury them in the paper. It would cost City virtually nothing to do this and they could publish the results on all their social media channels to a very large audience. It would have a huge impact.

Twitter has been great for many things, mainly breaking news, engagement and comedy tweets. However, the worst thing it has done (besides being a platform for hate and racism) is give "journo's" some self righteous status that their opinion is above everybody elses. The delusion amongst journos in this country is pretty much an illness.

Guardiola's statement in the media regarding favouritism to the Dippers should have been directed at the media only , what other club when playing on Sky gets two pundits and ex-Liverpool players debating the game. Would Richards & Hinchcliffe be invited to the Villa on Tuesday game for their comments , will they f*ck , it will be Redknapp , Souness and Spit on commentary dressed as a full kit wanker on the commentary gantry
As far as oppostition fans , i dont no one fan in my aquaintence that wants the Dippers to win the league , they are truly despised , i have Rags , Evertonians , Wiganers , Bolton , Preston ,Southport , Forest , Newcastle among others and not one of them could bare another Dipper title.
Dipper F.C. are reviled and i dont think they are very popular in Turin either , the Dippers might be the media darlings but its only because it is infested with their ex-players .
I notice Pep's comments have been distorted and twisted by the presss and media claiming he said the whole country wants Liverpool to win. I have now seen the full interview. It was nuanced and it was clear his attack was on the biased media. He was also very praiseworthy of LFC. But of course the usual suspects (Daily Mail etc) have twisted his words just as they do every day of the week when they distort what is said at the daily press conference. It is broadcast live so we all know exactly what has been said and the whole context. The attacks on City have been relentless for a decade now (not from all journalists). A lot of them are driven by bias and malice and it is great this is now out in the open.

And still there are dicks on here who stand up for Lee, the pathetic little cretin gaslighting the City fanbase

That Tweet you quote from The Athletic is a bit cringeworthy when one considers the risibly partisan, shameless, supine brownnosing that The Athletic's Liverpool coverage consists of. They absolutely typify what Pep's talking about and in trying to take the moral high ground, gaslighting us is (as you say) exactly what they're trying to do.

Meanwhile, I don't know if anyone saw this, but I was entertained this morning by the fact that one of the talentless LFC media cheerleaders was obviously a bit riled by Pep's comments. Nonetheless, I'm grateful to Maddock for more or less making Pep's point for him:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.